Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Would you go to an amusement park alone ?

Would you go to an amusement park alone ?

There's an amusement park near our city , and its big and theres lot of fun rides, but i dont have much friends anymore 

and i was wondering if that would still be nice to go there alone. 

Posted - June 2, 2019

Responses

A huge "Yes!" from me.

I've gone to amusement parks countless times alone and I've always had a great time.
    Many of my friends don't enjoy amusement parks but that's not going to keep me away from going!
    :)

I also go to movies alone. Pretty much anything I'm comfortable doing alone - - concerts, too.
    Heck, now that I think about it -- if I want to do something, I just do it, whether or not someone is with me.

EDIT: Yeah, it's fun to go with people to stuff, too, of course --  but it can be a lot of fun alone, too! Especially, to me, it seems, at amusement parks -- everyone is there to have a good time and are in good moods or whatever. The fun spirit surrounding the whole setting is enjoyable!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 3, 2019 10:11 AM MDT
      June 2, 2019 9:30 PM MDT

OK...let me get this straight...you have gone to Cedar Point by yourself??
      June 2, 2019 9:54 PM MDT

Many times. Yup.

And Kennywood. And Knoebels in Elysberg, Pennsylvania, USA. And Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana, USA. And King's Island.  Hershey Park. There are many more across eastern USA. If I'm out and about, so to speak, travelling, I'll always go to amusement parks.

Funny -- one time at Cedar Point, a man and a woman and their two children started to talk to me in line for The Raptor, the first ride of the day for all of us. We were having a fun time talking for almost an hour in line. They were from out of state. After the ride, they asked me what ride I was going to next. I said The Mean Streak (I haven't been on the revamped version of it yet) - - that sometimes I purposefully walk to the very back of the park at the early part of the day and work myself toward the front, to sometimes avoid crowds who often start at the front and work toward the back of the park. (At least, it seems that way to me sometimes.)
    They asked if they could go with me, since they knew I was a regular visitor and i knew the park and they wanted to make sure they got on all the best stuff or whatever. Ha!
    We ended up spending the entire day together. And we corresponded after that -- I got some post cards from them when they went to Dollywood.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 3, 2019 10:11 AM MDT
      June 3, 2019 7:38 AM MDT

Oh! - - and many times, waiting in line to get on a ride? The ride operators announce - - "Are there any single riders? Please come on up to the front of the line" - - many times they're looking to fill up the seats on the rides. And if you're alone, often you'll get "scooted right up there" and skip the line and fill in that empty seat.
      June 2, 2019 9:33 PM MDT

Yes...my amusement park is this chair I sit on. AMing my time away... Listening to music at youtube...researching quantum physics and obscure species of spiders.
      June 2, 2019 9:58 PM MDT

I was listening to Nirvana from youtube last night while I was AMing.

I especially love their "All Apologies."
      June 3, 2019 7:48 AM MDT

why not give it a try?
    You might find it entertaining.
      June 2, 2019 11:35 PM MDT

It's not odd to see lone guys at places like that, but it not the same for girls.  Go on and go.  Maybe you'll run into someone you know or make a new friend.........standing in line is a great opportunity for that.  
      June 3, 2019 12:04 AM MDT

Absolutely!!

June 3, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

yes I would go to Disney parks by myself and ride single riders and rides with other people.

June 4, 2019 11:01 AM MDT

thats so fun. 
      June 6, 2019 12:57 PM MDT

Sure.  Who knows you might make friends there.  
      June 4, 2019 12:01 PM MDT

yeah , i could talk to strangers during the lineup and maybe have fun with strangers. 
      June 6, 2019 12:57 PM MDT