Discussion » Questions » Politics » June 2nd a National Day of Prayer devoted to Donald Trump. Christians welcome Divine intervention to help them; do you think Mr Trump would?

June 2nd a National Day of Prayer devoted to Donald Trump. Christians welcome Divine intervention to help them; do you think Mr Trump would?

" I got me elected". (can get myself re-elected)

Posted - June 3, 2019

Responses

That is an "easy" yes. 

June 3, 2019 3:49 AM MDT

Good  pic. A very humble man.
      June 3, 2019 8:09 AM MDT

• Why has everyone become so cringeworthy in the wake of Trump? I don't remember presidents being called "Messiah" and having their own prayer day before Trump. 
      June 3, 2019 10:39 AM MDT

Beginning with GW Bush all Republican presidents are been elevated to president by an act of God. 
      June 3, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

Any "Christian" that does this kind of thing in full view of the public isn't all there and neither is the audience watching this travesty.
      June 3, 2019 1:37 PM MDT

We are all PRAYING for Trump but not in the way he thinks we are.  

We are praying he does not kill us before we kill him.  That is the only prayer.  

June 3, 2019 1:40 PM MDT

Perhaps Trump hears the "Hound of Heaven" getting closer.

Part of the prayer was

"God, we pray that he would know how much You love him. So much that You sent Jesus to die for his sins, our sins, so we pray that he would look to You. That he would trust in You. That he would lean on You. That he would govern and make decisions in ways that are good for justice, and good for righteousness, and good for equity, every good path."

Sounds more like wishful thinking to me, but prayer can be surprisingly efficacious.
      June 3, 2019 2:16 PM MDT

Praying for the President is not a novel idea.  I pray for him daily, regardless of who he is.   Perhaps you could swim in your own pond.
      June 3, 2019 8:50 PM MDT

'Swim in your own pond' is a Vietnamese proverb. I don't know what it means. 
      June 3, 2019 10:36 PM MDT