Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Business » I would like to start a new business that operates within bounds of normal American business ethics. Can you think of a good scam to start?

I would like to start a new business that operates within bounds of normal American business ethics. Can you think of a good scam to start?

Here's one:  We'll have a vacation rental on an Island that can only be reached by boat.  Our guests have to pay the non-refundable fee in advance.  When they go as far as they can by car only to realize they cannot get to the island, they lose their money and we don't have to lift a finger.  How does that sound? Maybe we don't even need to own the island or have a house on it.

Posted - June 3, 2019

Responses

You could have at least put in the brochure: BYOB.(Bring your own boat.), but they wouldn't know that.

How about this: A tourist event called 'Visiting the real Hollywood stars. Take them, at night, to a dark place near Hollywood, have them get off the bus and point to the stars in the sky, naming a couple of dozens of them.
      June 3, 2019 7:41 PM MDT

Advertise that you do good body work for vehicles at a cheap rate then use newspaper to cover the dents and spray paint over it. I knew a guy who did it quite artfully and got away with it. I think he would meet his customers in a different neighborhood each time and do his work right on the street. 
      June 4, 2019 12:48 AM MDT

Can we call it Trump Island and make Mexico pay for it?   To honor the KING of all Scams.

My idea is just to buy up the worst cuts of meat possible and sell them on Ebay as the last batch of Trump steaks.   President Trump makes them more valuable.  We can charge a fortune and keep doing it over and over.  There are a lot of Trumpers we can get rich from.  
      June 4, 2019 1:00 AM MDT