Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » How Do I Get Hand and Stone to change the SAME music tape that has been playing for six years? PLEASE I'm DEAD SERIOUS. HELP ME.

How Do I Get Hand and Stone to change the SAME music tape that has been playing for six years? PLEASE I'm DEAD SERIOUS. HELP ME.

The tape is about 58 hours long?  It is on a loop.  I have heard the same thing every single work day.  It  is not even good music either.  It would be nice to have music to work to since I am massaging.  IT is not like I want to be entertained.  I need the beat.  I need the rhythm to do the best job.  

You should hear the MUZAK they play.  It makes your ears bleed and your mind numb.

Posted - June 4, 2019

Responses

I feel for you. I hate hearing the same thing over and over.  Are you allowed to use earbuds? Maybe in one ear so you can still hear people you are with?
      June 4, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

Actually, I think I could swing my phone with a blue tooth speaker. I have both.  I could play Pandora which is kind of easy listening music that I could work to.  The problem is the spa won't like it.  But I work with a closed door and no one is going to really care that much anyway.  I am digressing.  

Here is the real problem.  I DON'T know how to hook up this system.  I have a blue tooth speaker.  I have headphones, I even have a very good phone to use, but I don't know how to hook up blue tooth.  I am a technical mess.  I have to ask one of the therapists I work with who is like in her 20's and can speak techie better than me. 

But yes, good idea.  
      June 5, 2019 1:22 AM MDT

It is not that hard. You have to "pair" them. Your  20 something coworker should be able to help. Just bring them in and ask. Most people who know how will just do it. It easier than trying to explain. Lol
      June 5, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

You could try getting customers to comment to management about it.

"Hey, weren't they playing this song the last time you were in?"
      June 4, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

Yes.  I have thought about that over and over.  I joke about it to the clients.  Some of them have been coming here for a decade and they say it is the SAME music.   !!!!!!!

Can you believe this?  LOLOL

Anyway, the problem is that if they go to the front desk, they have the wrong party.  No one at the reception desk cares one HOOT about the music or what the client says because they cannot do a thing about it.

I cannot risk pissing off the owners about this.  I mean they have to continuously put out fires all day long with all the people who work for them and if I say something like HEY I DON'T LIKE THIS MUSIC.    They would HATE me.  LOLOLOL
      June 5, 2019 1:25 AM MDT

My other thought (if you go the anarchy route) is ... just disconnect the speaker, and bring in your own music.  
      June 5, 2019 8:05 AM MDT

DIS CONNECT THE SPEAKER.  

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2019 8:58 AM MDT
      June 5, 2019 8:51 AM MDT

They do this to you for the worst, and evil reason.
    It has nothing to do with the songs but maybe the length.  It is ALL about the repitition.
    Humans are programable.  If you hear over and over the same advertisement, it will trigger you, or so the wicked people of advertising seem to think.
    It does work.  The things they advertise DO stick in my head.  For that reason and the reason I don't need them, I will NOT buy them.  But the product they are advertising DOES stay in my head in a negative way.
    Beside my negative distaste for products and advertisers that use this method, there is one who will.
    They bank on that one person.
    Sorry for the long introduction that didn't answer your question at all.  I seemed to have needed to get that off my chest.
    Here is what I think you can do:
    Being a spirtiual person, see if you can hum a tune you like and block out the music.  Try to listen to the rhythms of the person you are messaging and focus on that.
    As far as getting the station to stop the loop, I don't have the diffinitive answer.
    What you might be able to do is call the station, get through the computer bs and get to talk to a human.
    There MUST be Someone There to answer the phone.
    Once the do, ask to speak to the program director, etc.
    Think of this before you make the call.
    What is the outcome of this phone call you would like to have?
    You must Know this answer.
    Work toward that answer and the  loop of songs you would like to hear throughout the day.  If they could weave those songs into the broadcast they already have set up, you might be onto something.

If it is pumped into the building you work in, expalin the number of people who are also tired of the same songs.  Tell them they could expand their listerners if they played some of the requests you have offered.
    Long answer.  I'm sorry.  I'm problem solving as I'm typing.
    Anyway, I hope this helps and thanks for reading. 
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at June 4, 2019 11:31 PM MDT
      June 4, 2019 1:38 PM MDT

Being a spiritual person, I can tell you that prison or the Chinese Water Torture is not  more painful.

June 5, 2019 1:28 AM MDT

Big Smiles!
    Thank goodness I wouldn't know either.  I do know the redundancy of the same music can send you into a trance...
    good or bad.
    Ewwww!  I don't like that.  
    I'm guessing but maybe some Steve Winwood would be soft, yet uplifting in your work environment?
      June 5, 2019 9:16 AM MDT

I reckon they should have the very responsibility to change the music once it--understandably--becomes that cumbersome. See if any colleagues are also bothered by it, and perhaps suggest or bring tapes/CDs yourself.
      June 4, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

You are so adorable.  See if any colleagues..... THAT IS ALL WE TALK ABOUT.  It is like shouting to the deaf.  You cannot convince the CORPORATE OFFICE to do a thing about it.  This is a vast chain.  And what they say about their confounded spa music … GOES.  So, there is not a thing anyone can do about what is pumped in, or so they tell me.  (I wonder) This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2019 4:57 AM MDT
      June 5, 2019 1:30 AM MDT

Teehee, so are you. Except when we're pushed too far, Shar; lay down the barbed wire, dig the trenches: we'll familiarize them with Hands and Stones all too well at dawn!
      June 5, 2019 5:14 AM MDT

Ask them about it.  Ask customers what they think and relay it.  It's not like the old days when businesses could just make tapes of great music and play them in their businesses.  That's why we rarely hear music by the original artists.  I'm surprised you don't play your own music in a massage room.  
      June 4, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

They (corporate rules and regs) won't let me do that.  (I'm going to anyway.  Anarchy.)
      June 5, 2019 1:32 AM MDT

I didn't know if you work for them or simply lease space or contract with them.  
      June 5, 2019 9:45 AM MDT

I would love to work for a place that lets me do my own thing, but that is hard to navigate as far as getting a good clientele.  I am pretty much on my own to get clients in those types of places and I don't know anyone.  That is why I work in these spas.  They have a ton of people I can rub.
      June 5, 2019 9:47 AM MDT