Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever wonder why some folks name their kids names that all begin with the same letter? Could Numerology have anything to do with it?

Ever wonder why some folks name their kids names that all begin with the same letter? Could Numerology have anything to do with it?

I did it. I'm Rosemarie. My ex-husband was Richard. Our son is Richard too...a junior. So we were the THREE R's! But you've got that TV gal whose name begins with a K naming all her girls(all 5) names beginning with K. Her one son I  believe is a Robert Jr. after his dad. Was it to get attention or was there another underlying intention? Do any of you know folks who have done the same thing? Have you?

Posted - June 5, 2019

Responses

My brother did that he has 5 girls all with M. If one had been a boy he also was going to be an M. I do not really know why. 
      June 5, 2019 6:57 AM MDT

You never ASKED him sweetie? Geez I sure would have. I'm sure he has a reason and I for one would like to know why and I'm a complete stranger outsider! You're not curious enough to ask m2c? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      June 5, 2019 9:13 AM MDT

As I understand they like the M names. There oldest is from my SIL first marriage and the boy name is a name he has always wanted to name a son.  So it just worked out that way. I have asked my step Mom and that is what she said. This post was edited by my2cents at June 6, 2019 5:49 AM MDT
      June 6, 2019 5:18 AM MDT

That makes sense. If I'd had a daughter she would have been named VICTORIA ELIZABETH! Why? I don't really know other than that they are both the names of Queens and sound like royalty. Plus which you could call her Vicki or Tori or Liz or Liza or Beth! But I never had a daughter so it remains an unfulfilled wish. Maybe next lifetime? Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Thursday to thee!
      June 6, 2019 5:52 AM MDT

I have a friend that, not only does every girl in their family have a name that starts with J ... they are pressured to marry someone who has a name starting with J, and to name their children starting with a J.  One daughter "broke tradition" by naming her daughter otherwise, and the family all but disowned her.  I have no idea what started the tradition, or why they are so anal about it.
      June 5, 2019 7:20 AM MDT

That is crazy. 
      June 5, 2019 7:32 AM MDT

I read that "J" and " K" are very DYNAMIC letters so that a Jacqueline/Jennifer or Katharine/Kelly would be more apt to draw success to her. I dabbled with Numerology briefly years ago. Each letter carries a number with it. Vowels are reflective of the inner you, while consonants are reflective of what you let others see. 1 is a leader. 2 is  follower. 3 signifies home. 4 is a hard worker. 5 represents travel/communication. 6 is double the 3..a homebody. 7 is mystical 8 is the number of success and 9 is triple the 3 but it is also reflective of the spiritual that 3 represents. I'm just remembering from decades ago Walt and I could be off by a lot. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  Did you ask why they did that or do you think that is being too nosy? :) The numerology book showed you how to DIAGRAM your name numerically and you reduced the sum of all those numbers to one digit and that would be what life had in store for you . At the time I met my ex I diagrammed what my name would be if I married him and it reduced to 8...the number of success. Would I have married him if it hadn't? I have no idea. I did for fun though and was quite happy at the result! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 5, 2019 8:45 AM MDT
      June 5, 2019 8:35 AM MDT

What does NUMEROLOGY have to do with naming names with the same initial?

What????????????????????????   I would LOVE to hear your definition of numerology.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 5, 2019 10:00 AM MDT
      June 5, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

Names are kind of a touchy subject with some people in my family.  My husband's name is George and he absolutely hates his name.  I mean he really hates it.  I called out his name once and he cringed or winced so yeah, I guess it really sounds that bad to him.  

When he introduces himself to other people he uses his last name.  It's a touchy subject because his dad's name is George and it was also his grandfather's and great-grandfather's name so my husband hates his name and his dad has some really hard feelings about it.  My husband also threw salt on that wound by not naming our son George.  Hubby says he doesn't want our son to have the misery he had when he was a kid.  This was one of my F-I-L's biggest disappointments in life.

For some people baby names are the most important thing in the world!  My M-I-L told me she argued with my F-I-L about my husband's name until the very end which was after Hubby was born and the hospital staff were asking for a name but since M-I-L just had a kid she was too tired to keep arguing so my F-I-L won the argument that way.  My F-I-L agrees with her side of the story so that must be how it happened so yeah, it's just that important to some people!

Anyway, the reason why I still use my maiden name is because it matches my husband's name better in numerology.  My husband taught me about numerology but he does it a lot different from the way you told Walt. 

June 5, 2019 8:05 PM MDT

I remember being excited that my son was going to get to be a III....I would have been over the top with a V. We call my son my his middle name for less confusion. 
      June 6, 2019 5:22 AM MDT

:):):)
      June 6, 2019 6:25 AM MDT

There was a KING GEORGE Liv! I wonder why your husband so dislikes his name? I think it is a good sturdy solid and even distinguished name. I mean there was GEORGE Washington and GEORGE Burns  and Gorgeous GEORGE (a wrestler probably way before your time) and GEORGE Sand ( female author) and GEORGE Lucas of Stars Wars fame and other marvels. Oh and actor GEORGE Sanders who was once married to Zsa Zsa Gabor. Don't know of many Georges to begin with but I associate success with the name because I guess those are the only Georges I know about.  I didn't like my name when I was younger. Rosemarie...three syllables for a kid! Sheesh. I wanted to be an Ann or a Jane. One syllable. Now I like it although I'm rarely called that by anyone. It's usually Rosie. About the numerology thingy sweetie? That was over 50 years ago!  Things have probably changed a lot since then PLUS my memory is partially gone due to chemo in 2008..a side effect. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :) ((hugs))
      June 6, 2019 6:23 AM MDT

Hmm, I had to ask him about it.  People usually don't like their name if it was a common name for an earlier generation but not their own.  I got that from a baby name website and it's true about my Hubby.  George was pretty common for Baby Boomers and earlier but Hubby is from Gen X where George is a pretty unusual name.  He grew up in the suburbs so he went to a high school with 1600 students and he says he was only one of two Georges there so yeah, just not a whole lot of Georges from Gen X.

Another reason people usually don't like name that I got from a baby name website is the name subjects them to teasing so yeah, Georgie Peorgie, he hated that.  He says he got his second grade play cancelled over it because the teacher picked a play with a character named Georgie Peorgie and the part was tailor-made just for him but he refused to participate in the play so the teacher scrapped it picked another play for the class but she didn't let Hubby be in the new play.  He told me the teacher thought he needed to learn how to have a sense of humor about his name but nobody else ever had to have a sense of humor about their names so I guess I can see why he doesn't like it. This post was edited by Livvie at June 6, 2019 10:07 AM MDT
      June 6, 2019 9:06 AM MDT

The first two letters of all my childrens' names are the same. I never really played around with numerology, but I just checked and they all have different numbers. 

The first two I named more or less by chance. I never set out to give them similar names. It just happened that the names which seemed to suit them best sounded similar. When I was pregnant with the youngest, keeping the trend was intentional. I didn't want him to be the odd one out, so I only considered names that started with the same letters. 
      June 5, 2019 10:44 PM MDT