Active Now

Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What are some common misconceptions about divorce? ~

What are some common misconceptions about divorce? ~

Posted - June 6, 2019

Responses

50% of all marriages end in divorce, that is fake news. I did some research for an essay while in  school.  I found that the percent of divorce was an average of around 15% for the recent year.  No state had the 50% stastic.  This post was edited by . at June 6, 2019 8:45 AM MDT
      June 6, 2019 8:44 AM MDT

The rate in the USA is 40% to 50% and subsequent marriages have the higher rates.

https://www.apa.org/topics/divorce/

June 6, 2019 4:04 PM MDT

June 6, 2019 4:13 PM MDT

I looked at that earlier but it is not complete.  Some states did not provide data.  The overall rate on what they have put it at 35%, but it's not complete.  The other thing I read may not be any more trustworthy but everything else suggested something around 50%.  I have read at some point in the past, maybe a year ago, that the rate had come down for first marriages but had gone up for subsequent marriages.  The fact that so many people do not  marry civilly also puts a kink in the actual figures for couples staying together.  The big thing is that the losers are the children. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 6, 2019 8:55 PM MDT
      June 6, 2019 8:54 PM MDT

That it will solve the problems and the ex's will be happier apart.

Sometimes it does solve problems - under very specific circumstances.

But people who've been divorced once are far more likely to be divorced again, and again...

Too many people blame the other person rather than looking inside themselves to see how they could communicate better and be more loving.
      June 6, 2019 8:46 AM MDT

That they are about infidility and money.  Some divorces are simply because the two people have grown apart.
    All divorces are sad.
    No.  Some divorces are better for both parties involved.
    That the women is always out to steal and take from the man.
    Where I live and what we see on TV that situation arises more often than not.
    Women aren't Always after the man's money.  In many cases, the women makes more money than the man.  Women aren't always the victims.  I feel sometimes the man gets hurt more than the women, emotionally.
      June 6, 2019 9:02 AM MDT