Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » All I ordered was a strawberry malted. The clerk asked me, "Would you like a complimentary drink while you wait, sir?"

All I ordered was a strawberry malted. The clerk asked me, "Would you like a complimentary drink while you wait, sir?"

Hold on; what the heck is going on here?  They offered me a free drink while I wait for my drink.  I outsmarted them. I accepted the free drink and cancelled my order. Then they outsmarted me, the free drink was a strawberry malted. I flipped the script and outsmarted them again by asking for a complimentary drink while I waited for my drink.  They were ready for me, "We're running a special promotion for people who like strawberry malteds, I can whip one up for you in no time if you'd care to wait, and to compensate you for your time, how about a complimentary strawberry malted?"  Aha! I thought I had them at that point, I asked, "Why didn't you tell me about the strawberry malted promotion when I first ordered the strawberry malted?" This guy was quick. He answered, "The promotion had not yet started then."  Grrrrrrrr, he had me!  I thought fast and fired back, "Well, when did it start?" "About fifteen seconds ago."  I wasn't about to be outdone. "When did you first know about the special promotion?" "About sixteen or seventeen seconds ago.  I just thought it up to counter you countering me."

~

Posted - June 8, 2019

Responses

Dang...how did that young punk get one over on you? Invite him to AM. Wait...where would one get a strawberry malted? I doubt if half the peeps here even know what that is. This post was edited by Element 99 at June 9, 2019 2:13 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 9:05 PM MDT

Shoot! At this point, I would just jump behind the counter and make it myself with an employee discount!

June 8, 2019 9:05 PM MDT

Fer real?!  I cannot believe what I'm hearing!  lol   Everybody wants to make a buck and the sky's the limit.  But don't forget - the customer is always right.
      June 8, 2019 10:19 PM MDT

• I read this twice, I have no idea what you’re on about here. 
      June 8, 2019 10:32 PM MDT

Lol, do you think anyone else knows?  Heck, for that matter, do you think that even I know?

June 9, 2019 2:19 AM MDT

• So there was no free strawberry milkshake?? I feel ripped off :/
      June 12, 2019 6:38 PM MDT