Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What is up with those cowardly men beating up and killing LBGTQ folks?

What is up with those cowardly men beating up and killing LBGTQ folks?

Posted - June 8, 2019

Responses

They are expressing stupid fits of rage because they aren't represented with a cool acronym such as  LBGTQ.
    They feel like they aren't getting enough attention.
    They are just known as cowardly men which isn't an acronym at all.  It isn't even capitalized.
    Some are questioning if they even qualify as men.
    Maybe they are just cowdardly.  
      June 8, 2019 9:44 PM MDT

That sounds like what I would say.
      June 8, 2019 9:46 PM MDT

You walked me right into the thought.  I couldn't have done it without you! :) :)
      June 8, 2019 9:58 PM MDT

• You summed it up right : They're basically cowards - But also ignorant and intolerant.

And for some reason, right now they feel empowered to act on their worst instincts.
      June 8, 2019 9:47 PM MDT

It's because they don't want "to go there".  It makes them think that maybe they could change too and it scares them.  It's a threat to them. 

I'm not going to lie. It is freaky seeing a man transition into a woman or vice versa.  There's a librarian guy who's transitioning into a woman at my local library.  He is dressed like a woman (with his eyes and nails made up, and he has boobs), but it's so obvious that he's a man.  His voice is still a man and he is built like a man.  I guess we're all supposed to ignore it?   Pretend that it doesn't freak us out?  

But just because you don't understand it, does not mean you should hurt or kill them. That's just wrong. 

This post was edited by Natz at June 9, 2019 10:18 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 10:01 PM MDT

I agree. No matter what your sexual choice or gender, you can't feel good about taking a life.  I have always felt that we weren't made to kill eachother.
    Again, I totally agree with you. 
    :) :)
      June 8, 2019 10:39 PM MDT

• Truthlyfully, I don't claim to understand it either. 

I'm bisexual in terms of being sexually attracted to both men and women - But I've never felt compelled to alter my gender because of that. I'm fine being biologically female. But strangely enough I've had several transitioning males approach me for support & mentoring. I'm not really sure why. But the conversations are sometimes very poignant.

They basically feel betrayed by their bodies and think everything will be okay and safe if they can just change. What I want to say (but usually don't) is that being female doesn't mean all your problems are solved, and life as a woman is full of risks and challenges that most men never face. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 9, 2019 8:19 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 10:20 PM MDT

You said something that I've been thinking for awhile now.  Why would a man want to be a woman?  We have to bear the pain of childbirth, pms, cramps, mood changes, and we're big targets (as the weaker sex) for sexual predators. 

I can almost understand a woman wanting to be a man.  But guys, don't change into a woman!  imho 

Maybe guys thinking about becoming women should listen to the problems we face.  We are not all glamour and glitz, whatever that means, lol.
      June 8, 2019 10:33 PM MDT

This is true. Both genders have social and physical demands on their bodies very different from one another.
    As Natz was expressing, it is hard to know a person as one gender and watch them try to transform.
    There is a reason for testosterone and estrogen. They are combatible to each gender and for specific reasons.  Even though we all have both, the bodies we had at birth were built for certain levels of each. Our innards need to perform certain tasks.
    Reading up on our friend, Bruce, now Caitlyn, he is struggling with his change.  Booze and more surgery to keep things in place. 
    How do you address him?  A world-reknown athelete as a man and now a worn-down celebrity as a women?
    If it had gone the other way, would they have taken it away? This post was edited by Merlin at June 9, 2019 4:22 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 10:50 PM MDT

Crazy things are going on in the UK right now.  An unbelieveable amount of random stabbings, unprovoked attacks like the one you mentioned and men just sucker punching random strangers. Very scary. 
      June 8, 2019 10:29 PM MDT

Perhaps may be considered a fetishist sort of thing but some gay men are sexually aroused by beating up other gay men.

The article I read did not mention killing but that would be the department of the psychopathic kind of people.

I have heard of couples -man/woman- beating each other up till they were bloody to get their sexual jollies.  This post was edited by Kittigate at June 9, 2019 5:51 AM MDT
      June 8, 2019 11:57 PM MDT

It’s no different than the murderous KKK-like bigots we saw in the not so distant past, who kidnapped black folks and lynched them in the night. Look up Emmitt Till as an extreme example.  
    Ignorance is an ugly fact of our self-destructive species, spawning intolerance, lies and tribalism, which manifests itself in prejudice against others not like ”us”, because ”they” dare to think or act differently. It becomes a contrived threat to the bigoted order. One only needs to hear the bigot speak to observe the depth of his ignorance. 

When these methods and views are publicly espoused by notable national leaders, the cowardice of the shadow disciples of hate is emboldened. 

June 9, 2019 5:50 AM MDT