Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If TRUMP is making America SO GREAT, why are there so many homeless Americans living in Wal-Mart parking lots?

If TRUMP is making America SO GREAT, why are there so many homeless Americans living in Wal-Mart parking lots?

Posted - June 10, 2019

Responses

There are no homeless living at Walmart in the state I live in. 
      June 10, 2019 7:24 AM MDT

And how do  YOU know that?   I mean, I don't think they LET them.  They just do it.   Nope, Morning, you are RIGHT.  I just watched part of the video.   They sleep in the parking lots so they are not technically "homeless" since they still have an RV or car to live in.  

Anyway, I guess not all Wal-Marts agree with this policy and I don't blame them.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 10, 2019 8:37 AM MDT
      June 10, 2019 8:30 AM MDT

The two Walmarts where I live, won't even let people stay in RVs for more than 4 hours.
    They only grudgingly make an exception for their own long-haul truckers with sleeper cabs.
      June 10, 2019 8:29 AM MDT

I think these people stay in the store of all night Wal-Marts for starters.  Not sure.  Didn't watch the video!   No you are right, I just watched part of it.

Oh well, I guess your Wal-Marts have put up a homeless wall.  WALL MART.  Trump would be proud.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 10, 2019 8:35 AM MDT
      June 10, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

They used to let people stay overnight in their parking lots ... but there was so much garbage, and drug use, and panhandling.
    The stores decided it was a matter of customer (and public) safety ... as well as the health issue of homeless people just leaving human waste in the parking lot.

Now, all the homeless seem to congregate at the picnic shelter at the local lake/park.
    And even though there is a bathroom within 100 feet of it ... they still leave their human waste in the shelter area.
    Then they complain that we are not "homeless friendly".
      June 10, 2019 8:41 AM MDT

You make them sound like a bunch of animals.  I cannot believe people act that way.   We have plenty of homeless people in Phoenix and I have not heard such stories about them.  They don't hang at the Wal-Mart, though, either.  And I do know what you mean regarding a certain element of panhandling, con-artust beggars that are a homeless faction for sure.  I just have not run into any at the Wal-Mart, but plenty at a few strip malls around here.  And they are creepy.  
      June 10, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

I think much of the problems with the local homeless is due to the fact that the large metro areas north and south of us will ship homeless to us.  I firmly believe they round up the "problem" cases, and bus them here so they don't have to deal with them.  

When the local government tries to crack down on the health hazard of homeless encampments in the public park - the vast majority of protesters are from those metro areas.  But you can bet THEY don't want these homeless THERE, because they don't want to deal with the issue.
      June 10, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

There are a lot of beggars (not sure if it's their job or they're actually homeless) and RV's and campers parked in Walmart's all around Colorado.
    However, this has been going on long before Trump became President.

btw, Trump can NOT make America great again.  Only the people can and unless they get on board together, it will not happen.
      June 10, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

Sure.  The people ARE banding together as we speak.   We do that in times of national emergency, like we did with 911 and Watergate.  Some things are bigger than politics and who stands where on the Red or Blue issues.  This is a national emergency and people on both sides of the aisle are banding together to get rid of Donald Trump.  It is moving slowly, but it is moving and he is not going to last much longer.  There is no way.  Everyone is revolting against Donald Trump and his minions.

And I am not blaming Trump for the homeless.  I am blaming Trump because he said he would fix that problem FOR the homeless and for all blue collar workers who are getting the MAJOR shaft from Don Don.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at June 10, 2019 12:45 PM MDT
      June 10, 2019 12:43 PM MDT

Since when can any President fix all the problems of our nation?  It's not their job.  Read the job description.  
      June 14, 2019 9:56 PM MDT

We have always had homeless people. Long before President Trump. 

And some do not want to have bills etc. We hired one not long ago. He lived in a tent. Claimed he did not want to. We got him a camper with electric and air water etc. All he had to do was work and mow the grass (on a rider mower) He lasted a week. Just could not handle the idea of having a regular bill. As he was picking up his last check..."I am gonna have to get me some work."  We did not know how to reply to that....just said yep. 
      June 10, 2019 1:26 PM MDT

Thanks to Trump those people could be working.  Why aren't they?
      June 10, 2019 6:50 PM MDT

Thanks to Trump people don't even want to live here any more.  
      June 11, 2019 1:37 AM MDT

Dramatic, but not effective.  
      June 11, 2019 6:26 PM MDT