Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Do you ever think that "current events", aren't actually that current anymore?

Do you ever think that "current events", aren't actually that current anymore?

How long do we keep recycling this drama until it turns into really bad cheese ?

Posted - June 13, 2019

Responses

Unless a "current event" has no affect on the future, it is still current.
      June 13, 2019 2:45 PM MDT

• Let's be honest - When was the last time anything really changed your mind ?
      June 13, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

When I discovered new information about an issue that changed the implications for the outcome.
    This happens about once every few weeks - though it affects relatively small scale issues - how I feel about a particular person, writer or situation.
      June 14, 2019 1:15 AM MDT

No.
    The media have a tight definition of the term "current."
    They update the latest details of an ongoing situation as soon as they occur.
    If some people become bored with a continuing drama, that is due to their relative levels of interest and engagement with the issue.

In politics, the outcomes of the behaviours of politicians ultimately affect the entire nation. It can sometimes take months or years for those effects to filter down, but the effects occur nonetheless. For instance, the imposition of trade tariffs on Chinese goods will mean a rise in the cost of living for Americans. This post was edited by inky at June 14, 2019 1:16 AM MDT

No.
    The media have a tight definition of the term "current."
    They update the latest details of an ongoing situation as soon as they occur.
    If some people become bored with a continuing drama, that is due to their relative levels of interest and engagement with the issue.

In politics, the outcomes of the behaviours of politicians ultimately affect the entire nation. It cab sometimes take months or years for those effects to filter down, but the effects occur nonetheless. For instance, the imposition of trade tariffs on Chinese goods will mean a rise in the cost of living for Americans.

I hear most of the current events through Sharona. 
    I'm sure they are as updated as she hears them.  
    I rely on answerMug to know when to turn on the TV and when not to.
      June 13, 2019 2:59 PM MDT

Rosie is also magnificently up-to-date. She reads current affairs deeply and widely.
      June 14, 2019 1:17 AM MDT

True Fact Sweets!  I agree.  Shoot!  I forget to go over to her corner. :(
    Next time I'm on for longer than 5 minutes, I will go over and say, Hello!
    Thanks for reminding me!
    :) :)
      June 14, 2019 3:12 PM MDT

Can we call them unfortunate events?
      July 3, 2019 12:10 PM MDT

• Perfect!

And then we can call history Unbelievable Events.
      July 3, 2019 12:21 PM MDT

And then a Nat Geo series on unbelievable events! He he..
      July 4, 2019 11:55 AM MDT

Look. I watch TV and it is what is BREAKING at the minute.  So, if you think that all this OLD boring news from last week is cheesy?  

Maybe you need a yoga session so you are not looking for the next instant gratification.     I mean, we need the news to SLOW down not speed up.  This is going insane at a breakneck speed, we are on the verge of several wars, Trump is selling America piece by piece to the highest bidder and you are bored?   I pray for boredom and a boring President. Not one that is causing the NEWS to speed up and get worse by the day.

Ok.  Be bored. But it is not going to get much faster than this. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 4, 2019 12:15 PM MDT
      July 4, 2019 12:10 PM MDT