Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » This is an alcoholic brain shown immersed in ethanol beaker all pruned scare you?

This is an alcoholic brain shown immersed in ethanol beaker all pruned scare you?

Posted - June 17, 2019

Responses

Nope.
    I drink very little alcohol - a quarter glass of red wine on special occasions perhaps three or four times per year at most.
    Since I don't drink enough to experience brain damage I have no fear of its effects.

Both my parents were severely alcoholic. I grew up with acute awareness of the effects. The brain damage is obvious while the alcoholic is still alive.
    Effects include poor short and long term memory, lack of insight, lack of empathy, cessation of emotional learning at the time the addiction began, poor relationships, quick to anger/rage/loss of self control, lack of remorse and conscience, readiness to lie and use all forms of manipulation, lack of ethics, accident-prone, intolerance to all forms of pain, reduction of all cognitive abilities, reduction of immune and physical health, and reliance on old habits and others for survival.

I studied drug and alcohol abuse as part of my teacher-training about thirty years ago. I saw the damaged brains in formalin in a university lab. Even then, the sight of the real thing did not surprise me. This post was edited by inky at June 18, 2019 7:13 AM MDT
      June 18, 2019 12:22 AM MDT

• This impressed me bookworm. Thanks! Actuakky, someone brought this idea up to me as a reality and though he values his brain too.much and said he won't even drink a drop. There are not many substances that underhand the brain to make me manipulations. I see it in the family. The person who exhibited the most knowledge in the 70's is now a dunce today. For example in music he likes Bob Dylan and years later advocates Trump.
      June 18, 2019 5:33 AM MDT