Active Now

Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What is there to be jealous about? Is jealousy ever a constructive emotion? What does it reflect or define, individually? Is it ever reasonable? Is it resistible, inherent, or something else?

What is there to be jealous about? Is jealousy ever a constructive emotion? What does it reflect or define, individually? Is it ever reasonable? Is it resistible, inherent, or something else?

Posted - September 3, 2016

Responses

Your spouse.

Yes.

A bit of it is good for a relationship.

Of course.

Take your pick.

September 3, 2016 10:11 PM MDT

God is jealous, and God is perfect. So what are you talking about?

September 4, 2016 10:02 AM MDT

•   September 7, 2016 10:04 PM MDT

• Jealous about?  Fear of losing someone you hold close to your heart.

September 7, 2016 10:04 PM MDT

a lot especially when you dont seem to have anything

September 11, 2016 8:35 PM MDT

September 11, 2016 9:15 PM MDT

Fear of losing your partner? If it is channeled correctly, it could be useful. Like realizing that you are not paying enough attention to your significant other.
    Depends of how powerful is the reaction it can reflect things, if it is not too strong it could reflect care towards the significant other, but if it is too intense it can reflect that you are batshit crazy, a red flag for your partner or viceversa. It is irrational most of the times due to what I told you before about the hormones in the brain. It can make feel like you can lose the source of your well-being hormones. In other words, make you react like an addict that can lose his next dose.
    I would say it is part of human nature. Few people can say that they are not jealous at all.

September 12, 2016 6:56 PM MDT

Thanks, Oscar! I always like hearing from you. 

September 12, 2016 11:17 PM MDT

September 13, 2016 8:26 PM MDT