Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Can anyone tell me why a person would not see a doctor if they have very clear ongoing health problems?

Can anyone tell me why a person would not see a doctor if they have very clear ongoing health problems?

This person has very clear symptoms of serious conditions and is in pain nearly every day, yet refuses to see the doctor.  There is more than one issue, that if it were me, I'd be in emergency as fast as I could get there.  I just don't understand how someone can care so little about themselves.  I met several when I was having chemo and radiation as well.  They just ignored symptoms, spots, lumps and now were in stage 3 and 4 of cancer.  One person, by the time she "finally" went to the doctor it was too late, she had 6 months...period, no treatment.  I don't understand the psychology of this, whaever it is.  Is it self-hatred or what?

Posted - June 24, 2019

Responses

Fear....Fear of the bill. Fear of the Doctor. Fear of the treatment. Fear of getting a "pre-existing condition" if they do not have insurance.

My older neighbor got a scratch from our cat. It was bad. We offered to take her to the hospital etc.  She refused  and just cleaned it up and put some antibiotic ointment on it. Said she would keep and eye on it.  She said she did not want to go cause she had good insurance and they would put her in the hospital for any old reason to get that $10,000.  And her cat took better care of her at home anyway. The workers at the hospital just hide behind the curtain and push buttons on their phones. Her cat at least checked on her throughout the day.  Anyway we continued to check on her...she is all healed up know. No doctor.   
      August 9, 2019 1:49 PM MDT