Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » AOC happy employees walking out of childrens beds being sold to the Border Patrol for the children. What? How does this help the kids?

AOC happy employees walking out of childrens beds being sold to the Border Patrol for the children. What? How does this help the kids?

Wayfair workers couldn’t stomach they were making beds to cage children.

They asked the company to stop. CEO said no.

Tomorrow, they‘re walking out.

This is what solidarity looks like – a reminder that everyday people have real power, as long as we’re brave enough to use it. https://t.co/667abeLDTG

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 25, 2019

Gov has ordered new beds from Wayfair for the illegal kids. But the workers are refusing to make the beds.

So they would rather the kids not have a bed? Or they just want their political pawns left on the floor, right?

Posted - June 25, 2019

Responses

I don’t give a hoot about AOC, but the children (and hence, the beds) are still in squalid cages, separated from their families, THAT is ok by you? 

Ever think these workers are repulsed to be complicit in something so immoral?

Are you saying that people must forsake their conscience when the govt dictates something that they disagree with; or does that only not apply to scorned Christians ? This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 26, 2019 5:14 AM MDT
      June 25, 2019 4:30 PM MDT

Most of the children are separated from their family because they came with no family. 

If they came with family,  ideally we want to keep the together but the laws do not allow that and we do not have the facilities to house them. And the Dems cut the money for beds in Jan 2019. 

Perhaps the Dems  in the House should think about funding them. As of yet, no bill. And cheering about no beds.

The cages are the same cages built by the Obama administration. 
    Congress needs to fix the laws. But they will not they do not want to  lose their political pawns.
      June 25, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

Look at all the rationalizing lesser evils. 
    “MOST of the children” (if that is even true) but not all, somehow that‘s Ok. They are children. 

Obama built the cages (bad), but Trump filling them is ok. No, neither is ok. Nor is the failure of Congress to enact effective laws. Both parties are guilty. Both administrations. 

Children are in cages, M2C, in the US of A; instead of basic human compassion, all we see from you is soulless partisan blame shifting.
    Way to duck the moral conscience questions, btw.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 26, 2019 5:14 AM MDT
      June 25, 2019 6:42 PM MDT

Then Congress needs to fix the laws.  And fund the Border Patrol to take care of these children. And secure the border. 

If I break the law, I go to jail. I am separated from my family. 

What do you propose we do? Just release them into the country? 
      June 25, 2019 7:07 PM MDT

You are an adult (I assume), and conscious of the law, spare us the projecting imagined evil onto children. smh

Let us provide humane shelter, not concrete pad chain link pigpens with lights on 24/7 lacking ac/heat, showers, or bathroom facilities. 
    Let us expedite their adjudication. Let us put them on an agreeable path toward citizenship or toward other permanent settlement elsewhere. 
    All of our current and past elected “leaders” failed here. The current ones are currently guilty. 

Frankly,  I find your answers here beneath contempt. Heartless. Parroted. You can cheer for a barrier wall that will never work, never be built as falsely advertised, that the majority of Americans still don’t want, yet allow no quarter for unfortunate children caught in the crosswinds of compounded political failure. I can only guess why. 

Leadership, which to my eye you (though not only you) have no worldly clue of, is: the talent for bringing people together to achieve the common advantage, building consensus and making those around them better. 

Look to the current inept, egocentric administration (which you rabidly support) for any example of the above, and that too will be a failed effort. 
    I am thinking this conversation was, also. 
      June 25, 2019 8:34 PM MDT

President is bound by laws. The Congress must fund the border and fix the laws. 

Yes, wall will fix most of the illegal crossings. The leftists do not want the wall....most people on the right do. 

Again I say fund it so we can properly take care of these people.  
      June 26, 2019 6:13 AM MDT

A wall will only put the problem into boats. Lots of boats. Walls didn’t work for the Chinese either. Too bad no one on your side grasps history. 
    An exorbitantly expensive homage to one man’s ponderous ego will not solve the problem, nor will it ever be built as campaigned nor financed by Mexico, per the Big Lie.   

Last I checked there was a bill just passed to fund the response to this crisis of the failing administration‘s making, but because it doesn’t flatter the despot‘s ego, he will renounce it. His party as yet offers no alternative. The human tragedy doesn’t matter them, or apparently to you. 
      June 26, 2019 9:59 AM MDT

The GOP had the majority in all three branches of government from 2016 to 2018.  Why didn't they fix the problem when they held all the cards?  
      June 25, 2019 8:47 PM MDT

Or fully fund the wall? Or replace Obamacare? 
      June 25, 2019 8:52 PM MDT

Exactly - along with all the other promises he made on the campaign trail.  
      June 26, 2019 5:11 AM MDT

It takes the Congress. Presidents here are not dictators. 
    Many in Congress were never-Trumpers. Many retired. (Thank God) Senate is stronger now than after 2016. 
    Ryan and McConnel talked him into doing the wall later...that was a mistake. Obamacare...blame McCain. This post was edited by my2cents at June 26, 2019 5:24 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 5:19 AM MDT

I suppose that's Obama's Hillary's fault, too.
      June 26, 2019 5:22 AM MDT

RINOs are not Obama or Clinton fault. They are  Republican's fault. We got rid of some.
      June 26, 2019 5:25 AM MDT

Look at the shoddy apologetics, Spunky. “Blame John McCain”. Ridiculous. Scapegoating. 

Maybe if Trump hadn’t idiotically insulted the late war hero, (which continues with M2C even after the man’s death) the vote may have gone the other way. 
      June 26, 2019 11:52 AM MDT

Was McCain not the deciding vote on repeal and replace OC?  Yes, he died that does not change his vote.
      June 26, 2019 12:41 PM MDT

That was the stable genius hoisting his own petard.  ONCE MORE.  Alienate the ONE person who will thwart your big plans.  

SO GREAT.  Wasn't McCain the single vote that stopped Trump from screwing America? 
      June 26, 2019 2:17 PM MDT

He was,and maybe you should take a moment and find out why it went down to him. 

The point (which I am prepared to draw for you) is that draft-dodging Trump’s stupid and traitorous insult of John McCain’s military service came back to bite him in the butt.
    Now the petty narcissist (and his  apologists) can’t leave the late Senator in peace.

But we digress. Today the demented President ranted, “It’s like we’re running hospitals over there now”, in reference to his dislike of the latest legislation. HOSPITALS. Warehouses of cages holding thousands of children...CHILDREN!... who haven’t seen soap, showers or toothpaste. But now we are gonna throw some Wayfair beds in there with them. Gee, how friggin big hearted. 

Are you kidding me . 

If you don’t cringe every time the orange fool takes to the airwaves......then you truly aren’t listening, don’t understand or you don’t care. This post was edited by Don Barzini at July 3, 2019 8:44 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 3:31 PM MDT

"All the good Germans watched the trains go by"

Thank God there are still decent people willing to take a stand against children suffering from what is "state-sponsored child abuse".

This post was edited by Jon at June 26, 2019 11:55 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 5:25 AM MDT

(They say I  don't like the President---do not sell these beds to him) So let them sleep on the concrete floor......(I am not making beds for them)

I added the parts in parentheses for clarification. This post was edited by my2cents at June 26, 2019 6:22 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 5:34 AM MDT

Wow

And I assume you call yourself a Christian and "Prolife". Thanks for proving what i have been saying all along...Conservarives are not "pro life', they are "anti abortion" .

What has made people.like you so bitter ahd hateful towards a child?
      June 26, 2019 5:52 AM MDT

You are confused....I am not the one defending the people refusing to make the beds for the children....that was the point of my comment. Those opposing the beds/cheering those people might as well say "let them sleep on the concrete floor" 

I say buy the beds and fund the border fully.

You know I am a Christian and pro-life.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 26, 2019 6:04 AM MDT
      June 26, 2019 6:01 AM MDT

I am not confused...
    these are your words,

"So let them sleep on the concrete floor" 

STOP PUTTING KIDS IN CAGES

The Trump's 4th Reich has the power to stop this state sponsored child abuse but he chooses not too.
    Putting shildren into concentration camps without soap or toothbrushes is inhumane and NOT pro-life.

These kids came across the border with adults and that is not their fault. Show some deceny and hum,anity for God's sake and stop blaming the people standing up for these kids.

Tell Trump stop this. I'll say this, when I die, I have anough problems that I will have to answer for but will have a clear conscience and not have to be the one to face God for this behavior, so please, go on...

continue to proclaim your "pro-life" status. It isn't me you have to convince

June 26, 2019 6:13 AM MDT

You're still confused? Try reading again. 

Russian thing is done. Mueller proved it was fake news to attack President Trump. The President has been tougher on Russia than any other since Reagan. 
      June 26, 2019 6:16 AM MDT

No Honey, the confusion is yours to own...

"Russian thing is done."

Where did I mention "Russia"? I bet you didn;t watch that video, did you? lol You may want to remove or edit your comment.

June 26, 2019 6:32 AM MDT