Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Business » I've got it. I am going to name my company "High Definition." What will we sell? It doesn't matter!

I've got it. I am going to name my company "High Definition." What will we sell? It doesn't matter!

The "lower functioning" segment of the population, that 30 million or so, will see ALL of our products are made by or come with that new technology.  I figure we'll make a fortune in the food industry alone.  What gnat wit wouldn't buy High Definition salt????  Why, you'll lose weight and live longer, your complexion will clear up, and the opposite sex will suddenly find you irresistible.  Or how about high definition clothes  -- sounds sexy, right?  Okay enough with the sex.  Okay, pretend you are on the board of our new company and cast your vote for my proposal.  Also, recommend products and services for which the name "High Definition" would lend special appeal to the, shall I say, ill informed.

Posted - June 25, 2019

Responses

Gosh, I thought you'd only recently retired from marine biology and scientific seafaring.
    That's a huge land lubber leap to suddenly go into business. 

In the world of hypotheticals, I'd guess the "High Definition" concept wouldn't fly.
    A concept has a good chance when it starts with a specific market in its sights and tailors its products to that need -
    but it fails abyssmally if it lacks an appropriate business plan. Your board wouldn't buy it unless you could supply the market research to prove your case.
      June 25, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

That is very educational, Bookworm.  As you said it's a huge leap.  But I meant this more as role playing to figure out how such a meeting might go - one where a group of educated, capable people agree on a plan to dupe the less fortunate out of their money.   Someone more clever than myself could write a skit or something longer beginning with that scene.
      June 25, 2019 9:09 PM MDT

• That's a good name for a marijuana dispensary.
      June 25, 2019 8:27 PM MDT

I liked your answer three times. You'll have to take my word for it.
      June 25, 2019 9:02 PM MDT

I think it will be drowned out by High Fidelity and Low Definition.

If you think this makes no sense?  Read what YOU wrote.  
      June 26, 2019 12:06 AM MDT