Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » HELP ME MUGGERS! Jon wants me to watch "Hooker With A Hacksaw" tonight. Sex and Gore! I'm not sure about this. What do you think?

HELP ME MUGGERS! Jon wants me to watch "Hooker With A Hacksaw" tonight. Sex and Gore! I'm not sure about this. What do you think?

Kirsten is just an average girl with big problems!
Problems like psycho pervs, snuff movie makers and animal masked freaks.
Too bad for them Kirsten has a very big hacksaw.
Now she's out for revenge, sawing her way through the scum.

She'll Love You. . .to PIECES!!

Posted - June 30, 2019

Responses

It's just an update to "Pretty Woman".  Don't worry about it. Have I ever steered you wrong? 

June 30, 2019 6:59 PM MDT

•   June 30, 2019 7:02 PM MDT

"Stop Snivling & whining,
    go to the Bathroom,
    get a drink,
    and sit your ass down!
    You're going to like this Goddamn movie if it kills you!"
    This post was edited by Jon at July 1, 2019 1:26 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 7:07 PM MDT

• What's the problem?  Hooker with a Hacksaw sounds like it has everything.
      June 30, 2019 7:08 PM MDT

• LOL!  I'm gonna need a bowl of popcorn and a barf bag.
      July 1, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

Stay with me on this one - ---

instead, I suggest Michael Haneke's original 1997 "Funny Games." (Haneke later remade his own movie with an American cast speaking English -- but this original Swedish/German film is perfect to me - - and I won't watch the remake, ha!0

BUT -- it is THE Most Disturbing Film I've ever seen. but it's a masterpiece of film making to me. flawless in every way.

If reading subtitles (unless you speak German) don't bother you -- this is so superb1

AND - - here is an image from the film - - actor Arno Frisch (along with the rest of the cast, he is great)

(Image won't post -- I'll look for another one)

EDIT: not the image I wanted, but he's still Arno Frisch here, from the movie

Image result for original; funny games 1997 movie gif This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 30, 2019 10:07 PM MDT
      June 30, 2019 7:09 PM MDT

You and I have discussed this movie before. It's a really good movie and I even like the American version with Michael Pitt, but here's the thing. THis movie falls into the catagory of really great movies that I will only watch once. It really disturbed me on a visceral level. 
    I can't explain why and I have seen so many flicks.

The only other movie that comes close to this for me is "A Serbian Movie" whichy I liked and thought was well acted, produced, scripted,and executed, but holy crap was that a brutal film...

June 30, 2019 9:31 PM MDT

Yes! I forgot we talked about this movie! Sorry! So few people I know have seen it.

I'm with you all the way --  I've only seen it twice. And I probably won't watch it again for the same reason you stated. 
    I doubt it I'd watch the remake, either -- though I do like Michael Pitt.

In general, I haven't been watching so many films lately.
      July 1, 2019 8:05 AM MDT

There is no problems, Welby. It has been a long time since we did talk about this. 
    I enjoy talking fims with you. 

Hell, between your knowledge of Films with me and your knowledge of Music with Twinkle Dink, we could make a big, gay sandwhich

July 1, 2019 8:26 AM MDT

• Extra Man-naise please!
      July 1, 2019 8:31 AM MDT

:)
      July 1, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

Yes!
      July 1, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

• Jon has told me about this movie before and I believe you have too.  It seems to be a very polarizing film.  I just don't know if I could make it through that one.  I always find films of that nature bizarrely intriguing, but only from a distance.  I like to research them but I don't think I could immerse myself in one.  I just don't have the heart.  Hell, I still cry when I see a sad Little House On The Prairie Episode.  LOL!  And with that, I think I've said too much.  
      July 1, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

Devastating movie for sure for me.

You never say too much.

Thanks for all the likes, too. Geez -  - I'm late.  Later! Good to see you!
      July 1, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

A gif for that other image from the movie  - -

chilling moment

Image result for funny games 1997 movie gif
      June 30, 2019 7:34 PM MDT

• He may be sadistic, but he sure has a charming wink.
    Come to think of it, that's the same reason I fell head over heels for Jon.
    Hmmm.  I'm glad he doesn't have golf clubs.
      July 1, 2019 1:34 PM MDT

SO true!! Arno Frisch was cast perfectly for this role to me. He had done at least another movie for the same director (when Frisch was younger) --  "Benny's Video" -- 

another disturbing movie. Haneke generally disturbs me with his movies but they are so good.

More later maybe -- why am I so late? yikes
    ;)
      July 1, 2019 1:42 PM MDT

•   July 1, 2019 1:45 PM MDT

Ha!
    And I'm sort of late again today!
      July 2, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

You sure about that "Bat thingy"? 

July 1, 2019 1:57 PM MDT

• Baby, you bruise it...you have to kiss it and make it better.  That's all I'm sayin'!

July 1, 2019 2:08 PM MDT

Sounds like a good deal to me

July 1, 2019 2:53 PM MDT

Did you have parents?  My mom used to say to me when I followed bad advice, "IF JON asked you to jump off the Empire State Building, would you?"  Bond some other way and stick to your gut.  If this is not pretend and truly distresses  you, why would you trust the gut of someone who does not respect your feelings about it?    He means NO harm, do not get me wrong.  He just is NOT you. You would never tell him to watch something after knowing that that subject is disturbing.  Why not follow your own advice and treat yourself with the respect you afford others.

Oooops! I did it again, Twink.  I thought Welby asked this.  OH MY GOD.  Ignore this since it makes no sense at all now.  

YOU WROTE THIS?  LOL OF COURSE WATCH IT.  
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 2, 2019 11:13 AM MDT
      July 1, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

•             You're funny.  You make me smile.
      July 1, 2019 2:17 PM MDT