Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Nutritional experts of aM, what does the research say about having fruit roll-ups every day, as part of a nutritionally-balanced meal?

Nutritional experts of aM, what does the research say about having fruit roll-ups every day, as part of a nutritionally-balanced meal?

Posted - July 2, 2019

Responses

It says Fruit Rollups and Nutrition should never be used in the same sentence.

The amount of sugar in these things will make your teeth crumble and give you the sugar deabetes

This post was edited by Jon at July 2, 2019 9:20 PM MDT
      July 2, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

•   July 2, 2019 4:44 PM MDT

Leaving fruit roll-ups out of the diet entirely is healthier. 
      July 2, 2019 5:12 PM MDT

• That's what they want you to believe.
      July 2, 2019 5:23 PM MDT

I read that roll ups contain, like, 5 different kinds of sugar. Nice, huh? Pretty much the same recipe as Gummy Bears. 
    I won’t hate on Gummy Bears. 
      July 2, 2019 5:31 PM MDT

• Yeah, but no. Fruit roll-ups are vegan. Gummy bears are made from the boiled bones of dead animals.
      July 2, 2019 5:35 PM MDT

They would only have wasted those bones. 
    My granddaughter likes Gummy Bears. 
      July 2, 2019 5:49 PM MDT

Fruit roll-ups have no nutritional value. 

The only fruit snack that has any vitamins is Welch's fruit snacks. 
    With 25% A, 25% E, 100% C. And only 59  calories.
      July 2, 2019 5:51 PM MDT

• Fruit roll-ups have 50 calories, so that saves me 9 calories a day. With 365 days in a year, that's 3,285 calories. That leaves me plenty of room for two slices of cheesecake.

I did the math. 
      July 2, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

But you still get no Vit A and E...I say eat the welchs for vitamins and reward yourself with the cheesecake because you ate your vitamins.
      July 2, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

• That would be under the false presumption that I'm not already getting an adequate amount of those vitamins through other sources. In that case, the Fruit Roll-Ups would be the better option. 

I'm going to The Cheesecake Factory to get my red velvet cheesecake on. 
      July 2, 2019 6:29 PM MDT

My understanding is that eating colorful foods is the best way to get a variety of nutrients. I prefer M&M's, but to each his own.
      July 2, 2019 7:24 PM MDT

• Why are you eating TwinkleDinks sleeping bag?
      July 2, 2019 9:21 PM MDT

• I wanted to taste the rainbow :/
      July 2, 2019 9:30 PM MDT

• Lmao
      July 2, 2019 9:43 PM MDT

Fresh or dried fruit, 1-3 pieces per day is ideal in a healthy diet.
    Added sugar should never be more than one level teaspoon per day - but preferably only a treat, not more than once a week.
    The science is in - regular added sugar in the diet rots teeth and causes dry and prematurely aging skin. Sugar destroys good bacteria in the gut and feeds and multiplies the bad gut bugs. It encourages inflammation of the gut lining, sends signals to gut nerves which increase hunger, and interferes with some aspects of the immune system.
    Long term excess sugar (anything more than naturally occurs in fresh foods) leads to diabetes and all the attendant ills that come with it. It contributes to obesity, heart problems, poor joints and arthritis.

Young people often believe that how they eat now doesn't matter because they can always reform once the problems begin.
    The trouble is that sugar is addictive and it's not nearly so easy to reverse bad habits and health as they imagine.
    Once people gain weight, many find it exceptionally difficult to lose.

Conversely, if one chooses a healthy diet, the palate adjusts - inside six weeks things like fruit roll-ups and soda pops taste far too sweet - unbearable - totally yuck.

This post was edited by inky at July 2, 2019 9:48 PM MDT
      July 2, 2019 9:30 PM MDT

You can live off of it, but it tastes like dung.
      July 3, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

• Which variety of dung? 
      July 3, 2019 4:58 PM MDT