Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » History » Do you remember back in 2000 when Al Gore won the election, but George W. Bush took office? Does that still chafe your hanging chads?

Do you remember back in 2000 when Al Gore won the election, but George W. Bush took office? Does that still chafe your hanging chads?

Posted - July 3, 2019

Responses

YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

I never hated anyone more than that man.

UNTIL NOW>>>>
    Trump managed to win that contest from HELL.   Bush seems like a sane person in comparison.  Just a sanctimonious, GOD IS ON MY SIDE, everyday GOP moron.  THIS ??  THIS GUY?  TRUMP?  He is SPECIAL.
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 3, 2019 1:12 PM MDT
      July 3, 2019 1:09 PM MDT

• I do remember it. I was in 3rd grade, but I remember. We had a mock election that year. I didn't fully understand the controversy, but I remember seeing "Florida Recount" in the news.
      July 3, 2019 2:26 PM MDT

I know a guy named Chad. I don't know how he is hanging. Should I ask his girlfriend? Remember, Al Gore invented the internet. Perhaps he also invented those voter ballot punch card thingys. 
      July 3, 2019 2:54 PM MDT

Yes, I remember it well.

Had Al Gore got it, The USA would have begun to deal with global warming.
    Given the US population, fossil fuel consumption and agricultural methods, the changes Al Gore would have initiated would have made a huge difference to the state of the world now.
    Moreover, many countries would have felt heartened and followed the US lead.

I deeply wish there could be a popular movement in the States to amend the US constitution so that the Electoral College could not overrule the people's vote when the balance is fine.
      July 3, 2019 2:57 PM MDT