Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly Kim addressed a letter to the sb prez "YOUR EXCELLENCY". True or faux? Do you know? HIS EXCELLENCY? SERIOUSLY?

Allegedly Kim addressed a letter to the sb prez "YOUR EXCELLENCY". True or faux? Do you know? HIS EXCELLENCY? SERIOUSLY?

Posted - July 4, 2019

Responses

True.  And his majesty's ego was stoked. 
    I wonder if he tweeted  - "Complete proof that I'm king" - because of it.
      July 4, 2019 11:32 AM MDT

The sb girlman gets all squishy when one of his beloveds compliments him. He goes all soft and dreamy. Sigh. Quite a spectacle and certainly not something a MANLY MAN would do. But he is not a manly man. He is a girlyman so that's how they roll. Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Friday! Didja feel the earthquake yesterday?
      July 5, 2019 3:00 AM MDT

No, the ground didn't shake this far north.  Bet you felt it though.  
      July 5, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

We KNOW this Kim guy knows how to PLAY Trump, he talked to him for over 5 minutes.

WASHINGTON — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un described his summit last month with President Donald Trump as “the start of a meaningful journey” and predicted in a letter made public Thursday that it would lead to a “new future” between the two countries.

“I deeply appreciate the energetic and extraordinary efforts made by Your Excellency Mr. President for the improvement of relations between the two countries and the faithful implementation of the joint statement,” an English translation of the letter that Trump posted on Twitter read.

The letter, which was dated July 6, drew attention on social media for repeatedly describing Trump as “your excellency,” a title often reserved for royalty. It was unclear whether the phrase was simply a formality used by Kim or whether there was something lost in translation.

July 4, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

The sb girlyman lives for the compliments of his beloved strong men. Any MANLY MAN would never humiliate himself like that. But we know the sb girlman was never manly. Thank you for your comprehensive and informative reply Sharon. The girlyman is shameless. He is so easy. A girlyman roundheels figuratively.
      July 5, 2019 3:03 AM MDT

Kim is playing Trump like a cheap violin.  
      July 4, 2019 1:36 PM MDT

Nice reply L. That is why we all cringe at the atonality. Nothing pleasant about it. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 5, 2019 3:04 AM MDT

I think it's probably a genuine mistake. Either President Kim does not understand Western titles fully, or his words were mis-translated.

"Your [His / Her ] "Excellency" refers to an Ambassador, NOT a Monarch, who in modern monarchies is "Your [His / Her]  MAJESTY".

Kim inadvertently demoted your President, not exalted him to Kingship!

'

(I think I'm right that Korea uses the same convention as China, that the family name - Kim in this case - precedes the individual's name.)
      July 5, 2019 3:33 AM MDT