Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Any ideas of why I get internet during the day and then totally lose it at night?

Any ideas of why I get internet during the day and then totally lose it at night?

this has happened to me this friday and sat night where I would get internet all day and then at 6 or 7 at night it just dies and then i cant get it back till the next morning. wondered if people in my building are downloading movies at night or something. century link in going to check into it but im just curious as to why that would happen and what i can do to prevent it. any ideas? its never done this before, it would disconnect but not for hrs, i would just connect it again.

Posted - September 4, 2016

Responses

You need to look into this. Are you sharing a server together with others. Libraries are set up as having many computers on their server. It should not stop at night. You need to call the internet people who you get your internet from. I not sure who you have but this should not be taking place. I going to call my internet person and ask them about this also. I never had this happen. Now I have two computers on my internet line. Yes do look into it and let us now. Unless someone is doing illegal using the internet and causing you others in the building not to be able to connect to the internet. 

September 4, 2016 9:40 PM MDT

thats a good point about someone maybe doing something illegal

September 4, 2016 9:53 PM MDT

• This happened to me a with Time Warner, except the other way around.  There was no connection when I got up, but it would be working when I got home in the afternoon.  I had to schedule an appt. for service, but the guy never came into my house.  He did whatever he did at the box, and everything was fine afterwards. 

September 4, 2016 10:04 PM MDT

This happens to me often enough. My internet supplier says I should call them immediately when it happens, but it only seems to happen when their office is closed.

September 5, 2016 6:18 AM MDT

• I totally lose it at night too. I often cry and punch the wall until I collapse...oh, wait. You meant lose the internet. I don't know. Technocrats love to torture normies. Did you call the "help line" in India. Sometimes they can run tests to determine a problem. Just DO NOT fall for one of those scam calls that says your computer has a virus.

September 5, 2016 6:34 AM MDT

• Did doing "stuff at the box" include paying him a $500 bribe?

September 5, 2016 6:35 AM MDT

• Call your ISP and raise hell.  They can send someone out to your location. You are paying for service and should be getting what you pay for.

It's possible someone else may be tapping into your service 

Unfortunately, I have DSL (it's the only service available) and I had a problem with random evening outtages.  It started after I got my new smart flat screen.  We also have directTV and both are connected to the internet as well as my Desktop, and two laptops.  Sometimes if there was too much traffic, the DSL modem would choke and cause an outtage. Did you try resetting your Cable modem?

September 5, 2016 7:33 AM MDT

i dont know how to reset it but i did reboot the modem and took the power out and put it back in, century link is going to check the outside line wed and if they need to, they'll look at my modem, it took me an hr just to get this thing going now and i dont know how long it will last, its a bummer cause everything is closed so its not like i can go to the library to check my emails

September 5, 2016 12:20 PM MDT

• I can't even afford to hand out $5 bribes. 

September 5, 2016 12:23 PM MDT