Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Do constant variables ever change ....:) This is a seriously stupid question from me for once people, so please answer sensibly :)

Do constant variables ever change ....:) This is a seriously stupid question from me for once people, so please answer sensibly :)

Posted - July 6, 2019

Responses

They can remain constant until changed by an outside force/source. Using the simple equation of Boyle's gas Law, P X V = k, where P=pressure, V=volume and k is a constant. In a closed system, if nothing else changes, such as the temperature, the variables P an V do not change, therefore they remain constant. They are still considered variables as they can change or be changed.

Not a stupid question.
      July 6, 2019 7:45 PM MDT

Could you expand a bit more on the Boyle's Law thingy....
    If I remember rightly ,Boyles law has something to do with Scuba diving bottles  ...they use to dig under water in  pressurized chambers to build foundations for bridges   ,they use to force air in for the workers to breath and so many died from the bends....  
      July 6, 2019 8:08 PM MDT

The chambers were pressurized to the depth of the water. When depressurized rapidly they would get what is commonly called 'the bends', where dissolved gases in the blood stream are allowed to form bubbles. That is bad news for those involved. That is a Boyle's law thingy.
      July 6, 2019 8:17 PM MDT

I knew all of that ,but none of that can effect me,as I'm already blonde and bubbly  :)D 
      July 6, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

Why do I bother telling you stuff that you already know? I should know better by now.

July 6, 2019 8:26 PM MDT

I can be very testing at times,at most other times I'm very trying though.....:)D 
      July 6, 2019 8:54 PM MDT

not if they are constant.
    ...but step out of time
    and you will see something new
      July 6, 2019 11:30 PM MDT