Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » This may be a cheesy question, but what kind of cheese do you have in your refrigerator right now? I love cheese. It tastes like the moon!

This may be a cheesy question, but what kind of cheese do you have in your refrigerator right now? I love cheese. It tastes like the moon!

Posted - July 10, 2019

Responses

Bleu
    Smoked cheddar
    Colby-jack
    Swiss
    Hot pepper jack
    Cream
    Parmesan
    A blended shred
      July 10, 2019 8:17 AM MDT

• You're definitely cheesy!
      July 10, 2019 8:19 AM MDT

Absolutely. It is in a separate food group, like coffee and beer.
      July 10, 2019 8:22 AM MDT

• Adirondack rat cheese, cottage, and some  farmers  cheese.
      July 10, 2019 8:23 AM MDT

Cream cheese and Jarlsberg Swiss.
      July 10, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

I have two cheese that I have to throw out now because I fell asleep in front of the TV and computer last night after work and left them out all night.  

They are both Romano cheeses that go on top of spaghetti.  Now they are ruined.  It is too hot to keep them out all night.  
      July 10, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

I have some, uh, 'aged' American cheese in my refrigerator. I seldom eat it. however, I once stopped at an Amish cheese factory in Berlin, Ohio and was able to sample cheeses that I never had before. That stuff was good. 
      July 10, 2019 9:46 AM MDT

• I actually don't like cheese. There is cheese in my refrigerator, because of my roommate, but I don't know what kind it is as I don't pay attention to cheese.

I know, I'm the worst :P
      July 10, 2019 10:02 AM MDT

I love cheese.  But it is NEVER good for you.  Stay away.

aren’t the calories you want in your body.

4. Animal Enzymes

Manufacturers like to use rennet in their cheeses. This is an enzyme that comes from calves’ stomachs. To get this enzyme, manufacturers have to kill newborn calves. If you are an animal lover, you might not want to eat this. If you prefer vegetarian cheese, it’s made from bacteria, which is not healthy to ingest.

5. Unhealthy Processes

Often, manufacturers process the cheese using unhealthy practices. The cows are given hormones to produce more milk. These hormones are passed to humans when they consume dairy. The machines also could put infections into the cheese.

6. Leads to Diseases

When you eat the fat, salt and calories, you pack on the pounds. When you become overweight, you have a higher risk of heart disease and diabetes.

7. Mold

Brie-makers spray on mold to make the white rind. Others have mold included in the cheese. This is not very healthy to consume.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 10, 2019 10:06 AM MDT
      July 10, 2019 10:04 AM MDT