Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Those who are allowed to carry loaded weapons and allowed to kill people they fear should be given "chill pill" infusions daily. To calm them down. Arrest their fears. What could it hurt?

Those who are allowed to carry loaded weapons and allowed to kill people they fear should be given "chill pill" infusions daily. To calm them down. Arrest their fears. What could it hurt?

If you don't "fear for your life" you don't need to kill so often. It isn't that you're fearless. Just that you are not paranoid and see death lurking everywhere.  Mental strength,emotional strength, physical control. Think it could work? Everyone wants a magic pill. To lose weight, stop smoking, feel happy. Why not one to calm your fears/settle your nerves/reduce the impulse to take people out?

Posted - September 5, 2016

Responses

Yeah, that's the answer, let's drug people who carry loaded weapons.  SMH

September 5, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

•   September 5, 2016 9:54 AM MDT

The problem is your neighbors. They desperately want an army of killers. No particular reason, they are just bonkers to have an army of killers.

Luke 4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

"Delivered unto me", get it? Satan is the god of earthly authority.

September 5, 2016 1:05 PM MDT

Hi Rosie :)

They already have those pills.. benzo's is one example.. The problem being they're sedative in nature and therefore people aren't so alert..so that would be dangerous.

Lovely thought though Rosie.. and I wish it were possible. :)

September 6, 2016 7:05 AM MDT

You think it is a good idea to drug people with firearms?
      September 6, 2016 7:09 AM MDT

What is benzo honey?  Years and years ago there used to be a very widely prescribed tranquilizer pill that people took to calm their nerves. I'm sure it was before your time. I don't remember the name of it and I don't remember ever taking any but I think it was an epidemic of users that depended on them. I know there are meds for folks who suffer from clinical depression and I am all for that! I mean it can't be pleasant to feel depressed all the time.  But I do think too many folks, especially too many children, are medicated too much. Thing is  I would have no idea how to determine which meds are really necessary and which are just convenient for the parents to keep their children quiet and obedient. Thank you for your reply cherry and Happy Tuesday! :)

September 6, 2016 8:00 AM MDT

Sure. Why not? A hot  dawg shooter with a loaded gun who is afraid of his shadow could use a tranquilizer. Shoot em up every day with something to take away their terrors. What we are doing isn't working. Maybe we should try something else.  Not carrying loaded weapons would be my choice but  I'm certain that would go over with you and your people like a lead balloon Here comes a question to that effect. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Tuesday to thee! :)

September 6, 2016 8:05 AM MDT

Hi Rosie.

A benzo is a benzodiazepine.. the most common one being Valium in the UK... but there is quite a variety.. some are short acting... like lorazepam and others longer acting like Valium. (diazepam)

They are used for severe anxiety conditions and also for medical purposes.. valium ( diazepam) as great muscle relaxing properties too that can help back pain.

The problem with them is.. they are ''only'' very effective in the short term.. and they're addictive. People generally get tolerant to the short acting ones very quickly..so if people need them longer then diazepam is generally more effective.

They're sedating in nature.. the sedative effect varies between people and that's the reason they wouldn't really be safe for someone who needs to be alert.  These drugs can also slow down peoples reaction time.

That drug must have been before my time.. I have no recollection of it.

I agree Rosie.. Some adults and children are over medicated and all drugs carry side effects and some can put you at a higher risk of getting cancer, heart problems for example and other conditions.. like drug induced Cushing's... which can be caused by most drugs.. steroids is a common one. Even inhaled steroids for asthmatics can cause Cushing's..its also a vile illness to have and in some cases people get Cushing's from drugs they didn't really need to be on or could have been managed on much lower doses.

Happy Wednesday to you Rosie :)

September 7, 2016 4:52 AM MDT

The drug of which I spoke was Valium honey. That was it. I just didn't recall the name. At one time it was the most prescribed drug in America or so I read.  Thank you for a very thoughtful, helpful, useful and informative reply to my question cherry! I appreciate it! Happy Wednesday to you m'dear! :)

September 7, 2016 5:15 AM MDT

Ahhhh.. that's because its been called Diazepam for a long time.. they changed the name a long time ago.. before my time.

I believe they changed the name because Valium was saw as a very strong drug and it knocked people out and only people with severe mental health problems were on it..which isn't strictly true.

It was used a lot..my granddad was on it.. but less so these days because they found out how addictive benzo's are and that they don't work well for long periods of time.

You're so welcome Rosie :)

September 7, 2016 8:51 AM MDT

Are you trying to refer to law enforcement?

September 7, 2016 11:23 AM MDT

You certainly are a knowledgeable person sweetie. I appreciate your taking the time to educate me.  I guess I'm way behind the current info curve. I am not very anxious to take drugs. Awhile ago I was kinda depressed about something so my doc prescribed a mood altering drug. He said when he was depressed about something he took it and it helped him. I filled the prescription but I couldn't bring myself to take it. I figured I could work my way out of the depression and I did.  I think I just retired that bottle of pills to a closet shelf. Mood altering drugs scare me. Decades ago I had a weight problem and so my doc  prescribed diet pills. I took them. I lost weight BUT the real benefit was my energy level was so high I got a lot accomplished every day. I mean I could work all day and then come home and clean house and not feel weary. At one point he said he would stop the prescription because I had lost the weight and I asked him not to because I had so much energy. That was the death knell of those "diet" pills and I had such a hard time withdrawing from them. So much so that it made me afraid to ever take anything for fear of getting hooked on them.  I've had pain pill prescriptions filled and taken one and then no more or taken none and just suffered through the pain for awhile. Have you ever been addicted to a drug cherry? Oh I think at that time the diet drugs were amphetamines. Scary huh? So that cured me of me of pill-taking pretty much! Thank you for your reply  cherry! :)  .

September 10, 2016 5:20 AM MDT