Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Maybe the only way we can evolve betterly is to devolve totally and start over. We are becoming more deformed figuratively. A horror show?

Maybe the only way we can evolve betterly is to devolve totally and start over. We are becoming more deformed figuratively. A horror show?

Posted - July 11, 2019

Responses

If we started out in a good way then stop evolving, I don't believe we need to devolve and start over. Rather we simply need to get rid of the excess baggage/bad habits we picked up along the way in order to get back where we started. It's not always easy. Sometimes bad habits are hard to break. I've been blessed in my time on earth. I have almost always been able to live a simple uncluttered life so there was no need to start over again. :)
      July 11, 2019 6:04 AM MDT

I very much like what you posted ru but you know what? I truly think there aren't very many people who can say that. You are indeed blessed m'dear to be able to make "corrections" or adjustments when needed. First of all you have to be able to pinpoint the problem before you can try to fix it. I think too many people don't realize or recognize there is any problem with them as they are. The problems are always with "others". It's like THE HONOR SYSTEM. Years ago we used to have them. You'd see an unattended stand with produce. A scale. Bags. A cigar box. You'd stop, weigh what you wanted to buy, figure out the cost based on the sign posted and left your money in the cigar box. I am not kidding you.  That's what people used to do. And if you needed change well the cigar box could provide it. Now? Well I need not tell you that would never work now. Thank you for your thoughtful answer. I'm still working on becoming more patient. I am not betting that I will ever get better at it. :(
      July 11, 2019 6:15 AM MDT

I've made my share of mistakes over the years. Some small where little to no harm came of it. Some much worse where the mental and emotional pain that resulted was intense. My inner self and heart told me that's not going to happen again and it didn't. Life became much more enjoyable when I stopped making the same mistake over again. I remember the honor system. On occasion, you can still see it around here. Mostly in the suburbs or in the country. If people have enough trust to implement the honor system, I'm not about to betray that trust. Unfortunately, some do betray that trust and that's a sad thing indeed. I usually have the patience of an oyster but on occasion, I see certain things happening (bullying, disrespecting the ladies and the elderly) it's then when my patience runs out in a hurry. :)
      July 11, 2019 11:30 AM MDT