Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » If you are/were closer to one parent, would the other one feel jealousy, even if it's just a twinge?

If you are/were closer to one parent, would the other one feel jealousy, even if it's just a twinge?

Posted - September 5, 2016

Responses

In a world of divorce, custody battles, step-parents, blended families, two moms, two dads, and what-not, the classic dynamics of traditional homes with the original mom and dad under the same roof as the kids are a rarity.

September 5, 2016 11:14 AM MDT

Hmm, sometimes parents and their kids just have a hard time getting along.  It's sad but I was closer to dad than I was to mom but it's kind of hard to get along with mom when she favored my brothers.  It's even harder to get along with a mom who said she didn't want a girl but that's not the worst thing she's ever said.

Maybe people's birthdays have something to do with it.  If you believe in numerology you add up the numbers in your birthday to get your life number.  So I was born 8 / 8 / 1993 and if you add up those numbers it's 38, add up again and it's 11, add up again and it's 2 so that's what number I am.

So people who are 2 get along with 2 4 and 8 but don't get along with 1 5 and 7.  I'm real close to my dad and my husband  My dad is number 2 and my husband is number 8.  I was also really close with my brother who was number 4.

Anyway, mom is number 7 and everytime we see each other we usually end up wanting to rip each other's hair out.  My hubby is number 8 and his grandma is number 7.  It's not if they're going to get in a shouting match it's when they're going to get in a shouting match but my mother and his grandmother could almost be twins by their personalities.

I don't know why it works that way it just seems to.

September 5, 2016 2:08 PM MDT

probably

September 11, 2016 7:19 PM MDT

• Very interesting reply. I have a distant relative who is a numerologist, an who chose his wife based on numerology, all else secondary. They've been very happily married for 45+ years.

September 12, 2016 10:27 PM MDT

•   September 12, 2016 10:27 PM MDT

• True. And a pity.

September 12, 2016 10:28 PM MDT