Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How can you be a CHRISTIAN if you ignore/ridicule/denigrate the teachings of Jesus Christ?

How can you be a CHRISTIAN if you ignore/ridicule/denigrate the teachings of Jesus Christ?

ALL WHITE NATIONALIST RACISTS who call themselves "Christian" are blaspheming God and Jesus in my opinion . What they spew out is hate not love. What they represent is ugly evil hateful and calling themselves "christian" is absurd queer and very peculiar. You can't change a leopard's spots. You can't hate berate denigrate and have anyone believe you are a  christian. That would be laughably hilarious if it weren't so horribly awfully  terribly tragic.

Posted - July 15, 2019

Responses

A racist cannot be a Christian. 

God made all the races and said It was good.
      July 15, 2019 6:26 AM MDT

((hugs)) Right. OK. We're good. We are clear on this issue without any reservation. Thank you for your reply m2c. I wonder if all the white nationalist racists think otherwise? I wonder what the Kakistocratic teleprompter sb prez thinks when he says (about Charlottesville) "both sides have good people".
      July 15, 2019 6:34 AM MDT

• It made me sick when I heard him say that. 
    I believe "The father of Lies" speaks through him.
      July 15, 2019 8:01 AM MDT

I agree with thee TD. It is inescapable. But whatever he says is okay with his fans. I suspect they are ll racists like he is otherwise they could not possibly tolerate his hatespeech. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday.
      July 17, 2019 4:46 AM MDT

• I suppose anyone can lay claim to being a Christian. Beliefs and interpretations of what being one means can easily be different for all of us and yes in some cases very misguided. 
      July 15, 2019 6:33 AM MDT

I agree with my friend m2c.  " A racist cannot be a Christian". There is no wiggle room there whatsoever PS. If you are  a racist you ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN no matter what you call yourself or how often you read the bible or memorize passages or attend church. It's all a LIE. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you m'dear! :)
      July 15, 2019 6:36 AM MDT

• Christians aren't perfect people.  Christians have the capacity to hate just as easily as they have the capacity to love.  
      July 15, 2019 6:42 AM MDT

• People fail to acknowledge that being a Christian merely means one believes in God and that he gave his only son Jesus to save mankind from their sins.  It has nothing to do with behaviour.
      July 15, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

"LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF".  It has EVERYTHING TO  DO WITH  BEHAVIOR. What do you think the TEN COMMANDMENTS represents? BEHAVIORAL GUIDANCE GgMcM. My two cents woeh.
      July 15, 2019 6:59 AM MDT

• It gives instructions on good behaviour but it isn't necessary for belief and faith.  The faith that the God and his Son exist is what makes one a Christian.

Let he who is without ain cast the first stone.
    If one believe in the Bible then a core teaching of that faith is that no man/woman is without ain and that all fail to live up to the grace of God.  Nobody lives up to the standard set forth and that is the whole point of the Jesus Godhead conning to Earth. All fail to live up to the divine spirit.
      July 15, 2019 7:04 AM MDT

I think I am not explaining myself sufficiently. THAT IS THE POINT. If you are a racist you are NOT CHRISTIAN. They are mutually exclusive. One is a lie. Now do you understand where I'm coming from? Jesus was not a racist. God is not a racist. So anyone who is a racist and wears the brand of CHRISTIAN is a liar. OK. That's all I can do PS. Thanks.
      July 15, 2019 6:57 AM MDT

• I see where your thinking is coming from though I find it a bit radical.  I just have  a hard time comparing the thoughts and actions of flawed human beings to infallible beings such as God/Jesus.   Of course Jesus and God weren't racist...Christians see them as the very embodiment of perfection.  Jesus and God also never lied.  So is anyone that has told a lie not a Christian?  Followers can't be expected to be as perfect as what they worship.  Otherwise there'd be no need to worship in the first place. 
      July 15, 2019 7:08 AM MDT

Where does it say THOU SHALT NOT LIE PS?

I did not say that one needs to be perfect to be a Christian. But being a racist or being a liar is equally reprehensible to you? I shall have to ask about that and see what others think. Thank you for your reply. You think I'm radical. Well perhaps I am. I don't cut RACISTS any  slack. You apparently do or conflate them with other types of imperfection like lying. Different strokes.
      July 15, 2019 7:18 AM MDT

• I was simply providing an example.  I can't remember the scripture but I do remember years and years ago hearing someone quote a passage about how the Lord finds lying to be an abomination.  Do you think Jesus has a hierarchy of sin?  I was always taught growing up that "Sin is sin."  We sin and we repent of our sins. Racism is a sin.  Lying is a sin. Murder is a sin.  We commit our faults as humans and then we go through the process of repentance and forgiveness.  I believe I saw on another one of your posts someone offering pretty much the same description of what it means to be a Christian. A person's status as a Christian and their relationship with God simply isn't definable by you or anyone else.  It's between them and God. 

I never once said that I cut racists any sort of slack.  The discussion here is whether or not a Christian can still be a Christian while being sinful. 
      July 15, 2019 7:32 AM MDT

• One of the big ones was him and casting judgement on others. That is a sin as well as it is only the divine God who has the right.
      July 15, 2019 7:35 AM MDT

• It is all sin according to the scriptures 
      July 15, 2019 7:33 AM MDT

• Gris,
    regardless of what your own personal beliefs are, may I say that your words of knowledge in regards to Scripture and faith and your bold statements of such is delightfully enlightening me about other facets of you.  Profound.  Thank you for everything you are bringing to the discussion.  I must admit, I am a person who is easily intrigued and enthralled by discussions of God and his word, and this is why I am quite moved by you right now.  Come to think of it though, You have always wowed me!
      July 15, 2019 8:11 AM MDT

• Matthew 7 21-23

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, Lord Lord did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons, and perform many miracles?"  Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…

I think you've got the right idea Rosie.

Its not enough to just proclaim you're a Christian 
    and halfway go through the motions.
    Our works alone won't guarantee entrance into Heaven.
    It requires true belief and love
    and from that expression of love we will become Christ like, treating others 
    as we ourselves would want to be treated.
      July 15, 2019 7:59 AM MDT

The same way we can have a President that has no business calling himself a President.

Just because you name yourself something and others agree?  THAT DON'T MEAN SH*T to the man upstairs.

You aren't a Muslim if you are a terrorist.  

You aren't a Christian if you judge others and find them less than what you perceive yourself to be.

Jesus never said that.  As Omarosa said on Big Brother about Mike Pence thinking he talks to Jesus and Jesus answers.
      July 15, 2019 8:42 AM MDT

Simple.
    They aren't Christians.
    If you examine their teachings, sure, they use the Bible.  But they use the Old Testament far more than the New Testament.
    And the Old Testament is full of god-encouraged racism, sexism, and calls for killing others not like you.
      July 15, 2019 1:57 PM MDT