Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Why are the most vocal Anti-Hunting people so pitifully ignorant on the subject of Hunting ?

Why are the most vocal Anti-Hunting people so pitifully ignorant on the subject of Hunting ?

I saw where a 13 year old girl was receiving death threats after posting a photo of her and her Dad on a hunting trip !  Death threats ? 

Posted - September 6, 2016

Responses

Some people value an animal's life over a human being's life.
      September 6, 2016 8:22 AM MDT

• You point, you shoot, you take a picture, you go get drunk and hang the antlers somewhere. Is there anything I'm missing here?

September 6, 2016 8:35 AM MDT

Thanks for stopping by !

September 6, 2016 8:38 AM MDT

This is true... But the fact remains that ethical hunting actually helps to increase the overall quality of an animal's environment.

September 6, 2016 8:47 AM MDT

• You're welcome.

September 6, 2016 8:57 AM MDT

Hunting is wrong if you don't eat the animal otherwise you kill for the fun of it.

September 6, 2016 12:40 PM MDT

I never met an animal I didn't like but I sure met some people I would consider less valued than some real nice animals.

September 6, 2016 12:44 PM MDT

In many,many places it is illegal NOT to take the meat... It's called "wanton waste" and carries a hefty fine !  ...Meat is also donated to food banks and shelters to feed the needy... Very few hunters in the lower 48 of the US are subsistence hunters... Hunting is a very successful  method of game management. That's a system that keeps the animal population within numbers that are sustainable and not leading to overpopulation and disease. That resource must be managed in order to be successful, just like any other natural resource ... Also the hefty fees for licenses and permits pay for game wardens, biologists , habitat management and restoration to ensure the health of the animal population, both for game animals and non game animals.

September 6, 2016 4:44 PM MDT

pure BS

September 6, 2016 5:03 PM MDT

Thanks for proving the point I made with  the question.... But I'm willing to play along.... How is  my statement to  my2cents  BS ?

September 6, 2016 5:14 PM MDT

how hunting can improve the quality of environment ?

September 6, 2016 5:18 PM MDT

I had too many confrontation with people like you, I am not going to answer you further. I have seen how they are and you are like them. SO you claim they are ignorant, I am going to hunt humans to regulate the environment of the planet and let see if it's still ethical

September 6, 2016 5:23 PM MDT

I know, right? If anything she should be applauded for her accuracy at such a young age. It was a great kill.

September 6, 2016 5:25 PM MDT

"Ignorant about hunting" was what the question said !   Simply read my reply to  " Tom Thumb" posted  below where I spell it out in an easy to understand way.... If you're not willing to do that, then don't let the door hit  ya !

September 6, 2016 5:32 PM MDT

ElChappo, others may or will disagree with you but coming from a hunting family, I agree with you. Here in Michigan, the DNR issues or restricts the issuance of hunting licenses depending on the circumstances. What that does is it keeps the animal populations healthy by thinning out or adding too the animal population.

Obviously some folks would disagree with that sort of practice. Many times due to their ignorance of the subject. They may be anti-gun zealots. Pro-animal zealots that stretch well beyond the normal range where they look at animal life as being superior to human life. Or perhaps they simply love to cry, moan, sob, and complain about everything. Who knows.

September 6, 2016 5:56 PM MDT

TT, who is having fun.  Certainly not the animal

September 6, 2016 5:58 PM MDT

TT 

September 6, 2016 5:58 PM MDT
  • Bez

Why are so many people sticking up for that girl?

September 6, 2016 6:06 PM MDT

Not only is it ignorance , it's willful ignorance. They just don't seem to care enough about society to actually do the research. Instead they jump on a bandwagon full of other woefully ignorant people and spout off unknowingly making themselves look stupid in the process. Crooked politicians, political correctness, uncaring people, and stupidity are destroying America.

September 6, 2016 6:13 PM MDT

I Couldn't have said it better !

September 6, 2016 6:18 PM MDT

What girl  ???

September 6, 2016 6:22 PM MDT
  • Bez

Where it says just below this question "I saw where a 13 year old girl was receiving death threats after posting a photo of her and her Dad on a hunting trip". That girl.

Hang on a minute... it was you who posted this question. You must know what girl I'm referring to. What are you trying to do, play mind games with me? Lol:)

September 6, 2016 6:39 PM MDT

A couple of observations/comments . . .

In some States (like Maryland) Bambi has become a major nuisance due to overpopulation (too many tree-huggers not wanting Bambi hunted). Now those deer are destroying the tree-huggers' expensive landscaping and, worse, destroying cars and injuring people in those collisions (higher insurance premiums). I'm not in MD but have almost hit deer in my own driveway; and they don't move out of the way anymore! Many States back east have raised the bag limit on whitetail some with the proviso that the additional deer taken be given to the needy.

And don't be so sure about "sustenance" hunters in the lower 48. I know quite a few people in my old hometown that depend on that game meat to make ends meet. Some even poach (take animals year round) to keep their families fed. I'm betting that's the rule outside major population centers.

September 7, 2016 11:37 AM MDT

September 7, 2016 11:38 AM MDT