Discussion » Questions » Communication » why does my husband talk so much

why does my husband talk so much

if i wanted all this chit chat id be a lesbian 

Posted - July 22, 2019

Responses

Better question: 
    Why don’t you ask him? 
      July 22, 2019 4:56 PM MDT

Airing your dirty laundry to people you don't even know? Your husband better run for the hills. You have no idea how to be a good wife from the looks of things.
      July 22, 2019 5:13 PM MDT

guess ill die 
      July 22, 2019 5:20 PM MDT

•  Buy him a new ps4 game and send him to the basement. 

July 22, 2019 5:36 PM MDT

Do you believe two lesbians are any quiter?
      July 22, 2019 5:40 PM MDT

Ninja lesbians are probably quitter - they work in stealth mode so you probably wouldn't even hear them coming. Cheers!  
      July 22, 2019 5:48 PM MDT

I'm trying to picture that in my head but it doesn't gel
      July 22, 2019 6:20 PM MDT

Try deep and genuine listening.
    When he says something, respond by reflecting back in your own words what he has said, to show that you've heard and understood.
    Ask questions to draw out the details.
    Find out his need underneath what he's saying.

I have a neighbour-friend whose husband talks almost non-stop whenever he's not on the computer. He's busy designing and inventing things that will make their life more comfortable. He wants and needs to be acknowledged by her for the effort he puts into improving their lives - especially hers since she is partially disabled. Instead, she berates him for boasting. It's not surprising that he's so miserable.

I'm not implying that their life is like yours, but just about every human being on the planet has a deep need to be heard - and most loneliness occurs because people are not sufficiently interested in caring for each other.

Just a guess.
      July 23, 2019 1:23 AM MDT