Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » How is a border wall going to stop illegals and drugs when we have the USMC bringing them in?

How is a border wall going to stop illegals and drugs when we have the USMC bringing them in?

Posted - July 26, 2019

Responses

•   July 26, 2019 10:38 AM MDT

I've said it before, instead of building a wall, we should just be digging a big ditch. 
    It's cheaper and the materials are already there. Put the  jarheads to work
      July 26, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

• Valleys are  the hardest obstacle to overcome.  You have a point.
      July 26, 2019 11:36 AM MDT

Bro, Some JD, good weed, We could get that task accomplished lickity split with this thing
    This post was edited by Jon at July 26, 2019 1:19 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 12:00 PM MDT

• I love playing with heavy equipment with a joint in my mouth. 
      July 26, 2019 1:20 PM MDT

Tell me how this is  cheaper?  You have the figures of wall versus this?  I KNOW THIS IS TEN TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE.  I know this.  And you cannot plow through anything and just make a river.  Any more than you can plow through and make a FREAKING STUPID WALL.

This whole topic has been laid to rest with everyone.  INCLUDING THE LIAR IN OFFICE. THERE NEVER WAS GOING TO BE A WALL. And if this PIG gets re-elected?  He won't NEED a wall.  He will BE THE WALL. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 26, 2019 3:28 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

It won’t. That’s BS propaganda. It’s the pathetic lying Trump Administration contriving any justification for the Pres’ foolish campaign promise. No new wall has yet been built. It would do nothing to dampen the drug supply anyway. 

As you've maybe seen in recent massive seizures of drugs, they come in through legal points of entry like sea and airports.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at July 26, 2019 12:37 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 12:31 PM MDT

Anyone who knows human nature knows it won't.

USMC aside, people will dig under, swim or sail around, and fly over.

July 26, 2019 12:37 PM MDT

• This is a dig at the Federal government, military ,and trump.

The news may have not made it over there but a group of 16 elite ranking Marines at a Southern California base were arrested for sexual assault, drugs, and trafficking illegal immigrants.  Everything Mexicans are being accused of except for working. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 26, 2019 1:24 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 1:23 PM MDT

Yep.
    We get the US news every half-hour over here.
      July 26, 2019 1:25 PM MDT

• Yeah I noticed Australia seems obsessed with outr politics .  I honestly find it very bazaar, like don't y'all have anything going on there to worry about?

I get the foreign policy that has an effect there but it seems even internal policies are obsessed over. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 26, 2019 1:49 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 1:27 PM MDT

Not bizarre.
    America's influence in Australia is enormous. It's everywhere, non-stop.
    America is our biggest trading partner and investor.
    Anything that happens in the American economy directly and immediately affects the whole nation.
    We are signatories to the ANZUS treaty, which means that if your government asks us to contribute troops, equipment of data to any war you fight we are obliged to do so.
    Your global communications systems would not work without our Parkes radio satellite dish.
    You have several naval bases on our shores.
    About 50% of our T.V. on commercial channels is made in America.
    Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Quora and a few other IT functions dominate our internet world to the point where there are no other options. This is because we are a small population - insufficient numbers to make inventing our own system cost-effective.

Because of all these, many Australians feel it's imperative to keep up to date with what's happens in America.

Diplomatically and politically, we consider each other friends.
    American cultural and intellectual hegemony extends into our universities.
    We compete together in sports.
    The social changes tend to spread here.
    Many Americans come to work here, find it easy to get visas, often choose to stay.

But we are not just concerned with America. We have one news channel entirely devoted to global news and culture.
    Many consider it as important to be global citizens as to be Australians.

This post was edited by inky at July 26, 2019 3:28 PM MDT
      July 26, 2019 2:11 PM MDT

• Like I said, foreign policy and such makes sense to me.  But to care about the laws and internal policies if another country is bizarre to me.

Like If y'all decided to ban abortion, legalize all guns, and enact a new immigration policy I wouldn't give one chit as I don't live there and don't care what y'all do as it pertains to your own borders.  I really don't care what any co7btry does within its own borders.
      July 26, 2019 3:03 PM MDT

The border.  I cannot believe we have this border situation and NO ONE EVEN KNOWS THE TRUTH.  This border is within driving range of the furthest American.  People in MAINE can drive there and see for themselves that little children are being forced to live in cages and drink from filthy hands and molested.  

But we have VICE PRESIDENT PENCE standing there for all the world to see.  Standing there and trying not to hold his upturned nose at men who are starving and begging for release from a CAGE no animal could thrive in.  If animals were forced to live like this, there would be dead animals all over.  People are smarter, and there are fewer DEAD people than animals.  BUT THERE ARE DEAD PEOPLE.  And Pence?  He sees that all is well because that is what TRUMP made him say.  It must be nice to give your brain to GOD and pretend GOD wants you to do these things. For that is what Pence believes. He has told himself he is doing God's bidding by lying to us and looking at people and acting as if they somehow deserve to be locked up for trying to escape oppression in their own land.

THAT IS WHAT WE ARE FACING.  We can all do something about this, but will we? NO.  I am going to work.  I am not driving to the border to organize a march.  BUT WE SHOULD BE.  

As long as we let this linger, people will die and our freedoms are dying day by day.

WE NEED TO GO TO THE BORDER AND STOP THIS.  WE NEED TO GO TO DC AND GET THIS PIG OUT OF OFFICE JUST LIKE THEY DID IN PUERTO RICO.
      July 26, 2019 1:59 PM MDT