Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How can I help my girlfriend get over her fear ?

How can I help my girlfriend get over her fear ?

My girlfriend has a huge fear of sharks she's been terrified since she watched Jaws she does love Jaws sometimes it scares her. Shes been watching Shark Week to help her learn more about them but it still kind of scares her. One episode she said a man had his head bitten off by a shark which kind off freaked her out. Her family was gonna go to Myrtle Beach but they decided not to shes glad because of the sharks that were spotted there. How can I help her get over this fear ?

Posted - July 26, 2019

Responses

Get her an aquarium and have it stocked with some nice cute goldfish so she can see how tame and friendly our water dwelling fellow creatures really are and not at all the fake stuff in movies. 
      July 26, 2019 6:04 PM MDT

Just like a headache that returns after the relief from aspirin.
      July 26, 2019 7:06 PM MDT

• Liquid courage. Effective and much cheaper than therapy.

July 26, 2019 8:06 PM MDT

Scare the crap out of her for REAL.  Give her something to be really scared of.  Anything that scared her prior to your acts of mayhem and chaos, will pale in comparison.  So, you can cure her with tough love.

For instance, maybe come answer the door for her drenched in blood and tell her you just murdered someone.  Then tell her you are kidding, it was her dog you killed, then say awwww honey at least it wasn't the kids.

You know.  Do that for awhile until she grows a pair and stops acting like a sissy baby.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at July 27, 2019 12:51 AM MDT
      July 27, 2019 12:47 AM MDT

Step 1. Tell your wife that you have a girlfriend. 

Step 2. Tell your girlfriend all about your wife.

Step 3.  Sit back and enjoy the ensuing drama.

Step 4.  Under no circumstances whatsoever write about it on here, especially not to ask what you should do.

- - -
      July 27, 2019 5:42 AM MDT