Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you prone to tripping? In other words, are you clumsy?

Are you prone to tripping? In other words, are you clumsy?

Posted - July 31, 2019

Responses

Like Mueller did when he called Trump "TRIMP"?

Mueller Trimped.

I am not very clumsy, but when I do fall it is a doozer.  
      July 31, 2019 11:43 AM MDT

I think he meant tramp.
      July 31, 2019 1:04 PM MDT

Rarely.

When tired or distracted while on rough ground - say during a long bushwalk - I might almost trip and then save myself in the nick of time.

If going to the toilet in the wee hours of the morning, no light on so as not to disturb Ari, I might feel the tickle of his computer cable on my ankle or his clothes under my feet. I feel nervous that one day if I'm too sleepy to be mindful I might trip and knock my head against the wooden furniture. I've asked him to keep the way clear but he tends to forget.

On the way down the hill to the barn to feed the horses in the early mornings, the grass is usually covered in few and very slippery. I've slipped over on my bum a few times there - until I learned to place my feet sideways for better grip. Am slowly building a set of steps out of second-hand concrete from places where old foundations have been demolished and cut up.

I do make more mistakes than I'd like when I'm not wearing my glasses; now wear them almost full-time.

How about you, Element?
      July 31, 2019 1:12 PM MDT

Very clumsy. The other day I slipped on some wet grass in the dark, fell down onto a decorative plant and tripped on brick edging. Scraped both shins and both arms. I tripped in the garage and fell and scraped my knee a few days ago. I am fortunate I haven't broken any bones.
      July 31, 2019 3:11 PM MDT

• I'm not really clumsy but I do have weak ankles and they role out from under me from time to time for seemingly no reason.
      July 31, 2019 3:36 PM MDT

You're asking someone who, while trying to pick vegetables in the garden this past Saturday morning, managed to somehow impale their hand (back to front) on a knife  - if they're clumsy??   Hmmm.... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes, I'm a "tad" clumsy.  
      July 31, 2019 5:12 PM MDT

yep...a total klutz 
      August 1, 2019 6:35 AM MDT

I don't trip but I drop a lot of thinks because of arthritis and trigger fingers in my hands.
      August 4, 2019 1:50 PM MDT