Discussion » Questions » Games » Are you the type of person who says 'Don't blame the player, blame the game' ?
D&D

Are you the type of person who says 'Don't blame the player, blame the game' ?

Posted - September 7, 2016

Responses

Sometimes, sometimes not, depending on what I feel is appropriate. As an example a lot of online games seem to have conflict and 'killing eachother' deliberately built into them. I remember one that even had a 'shady Lady' (yes she was called that) NPC  traveling around offering people in-game money for attacking other players. There I would blame the game for having attracted a lot of rabid 'Sir Killalot's ;-))

September 7, 2016 9:31 AM MDT

Depends on whether the player is to be blamed or not. A lot will be about intentions. Hmm.

September 7, 2016 9:33 AM MDT

• Not usually. Have never tried any of the online games.

Old games like Chess or Go have been through a long process of evolution and refinement until they reach a point that players find satisfying.

But I notice that once in a while there are changes or additions of new rules in games like football. Presumably to keep pace with changes in the way players play. Drugs...

In Australia, our football games are played without armour. If, for instance, the game is played much harder and leads to brain deterioration due to repeated blows to the head, that leads to a rule against high tackles.

September 7, 2016 12:38 PM MDT
  • D&D

I don't mean online games I mean the system and due process, culture and tradition.  Playing-the-field dating 'games', manipulating/controlling children for your own purposes (from before the are born until you die), dumping all the slavework to the new staff at a firm. These sort of 'games'.

September 8, 2016 2:26 AM MDT