Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » How far from your home have you ever traveled for a family reunion? ~

How far from your home have you ever traveled for a family reunion? ~

Posted - August 5, 2019

Responses

3,302 miles. 
      August 5, 2019 8:35 AM MDT

Thank you!
    ~
      August 5, 2019 10:47 AM MDT

You're welcome.  Sorry about that answer being so out-of-character for me.  I just got back from the dentist and gave this answer and the in-law answer, right before I walked out the door.  I answered quickly so I wouldn't forget when I came home... which is now. :)
    Please allow me to elaborate a little bit.
    At the time, Don and I lived in Key West and my parents up in Oregon. They were having their 45th wedding anniversary and having a party.  Everyone from both sides of the family were there. It was wonderful.  We flew in from Key West.  It wasn't actually called a "family reunion" but it was. I hope it still counts! :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 5, 2019 1:28 PM MDT
      August 5, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

It counts, of course it counts: you’re Merlin aren’t you?  I loved the original answer and I love the clarification. By the way, explain to me again why you’d rather not let me do your dental work for you?  You’re not worried that something non-dental might happen to you, are you?  Grrrrrrr.

~

August 5, 2019 1:34 PM MDT

• I traveled to Japan for a reunion of my mom's side of the family. My family doesn't really have large-scale "reunions" but we have had some gatherings here in northern California, where most of my other relatives live. We haven't gone far since we came here during the Gold Rush :)
      August 5, 2019 10:18 AM MDT

Thank you!
    ~
      August 5, 2019 10:46 AM MDT

Not purposefully for a family reunion ... but my family traveled from Washington back to Maine one year (driving), and we stopped in a couple states to visit where some of our ancestors had lived - and wound up having reunions with branches of the family that still lived in the area.
    The farthest I remember was in one of the Carolinas.  I can't remember which, because I was so young.  lol
      August 5, 2019 11:15 AM MDT

Thank you!
    ~
      August 5, 2019 1:10 PM MDT

I've never been to a family reunion.   The cemeteries are too far apart.
      August 5, 2019 1:06 PM MDT