Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Which celebrities do you think best use success to do good? Please describe the good he or she does.

Which celebrities do you think best use success to do good? Please describe the good he or she does.

Posted - August 6, 2019

Responses

I’m not a basketball fan, so I don’t know his name or other specifics about him, but there is a man who was born in an African country that was and is rife with poverty and sicknesses, came to the US and became a professional player in the NBA (National Basketball Association). He earned scads of money, and used it to help people back in his country. He opened hospitals and paid for medical school tuitions, among other philanthropic acts. 
    ~
      August 6, 2019 7:18 AM MDT

Jon Bon Jovi - ows a restaurant in NJ and will feed anyone who's hungry whether they can pay or not  

Taylor Swift founded a campaign to protect children from online predators; active with the UNICEF, Red Cross, Children in Need, and the Wounded Warrior Project

Justin Timberlake regularly works with and donates to Habitat For Humanity, Shriners Hospitals for Children, and Kids Wish Network. 

Matthew McConaughey founded the Just Keep Livin Foundation to help educate children in life, fitness, and spirituality. He is also active with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital  Children's Defense Fund

John Cena has done a lot of work with Kids Wish Network, and he has helped grant the most wishes for the Make-a-Wish Foundation out of any celebrity who has ever worked with the organization

August 6, 2019 7:43 AM MDT

Betty White - Animal rescue

August 6, 2019 8:51 AM MDT

Most recently, I was impressed by the work Jon Stewart did to get permanent funding for the 9/11 compensation fund. 
      August 6, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

Matt Damon is campaigning for clean water in impoverished areas world-wide.  In hurricanes, which we've had here, you have to go without running water for a few days afterward.  You are very quickly reminded of what your most urgent needs are when you are deprived of them.  Way to go Matt!  He was cool in the Bourne Series.  This is way cooler.
      August 6, 2019 2:18 PM MDT