Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » (I'm going somewhere with this) Who do you think Sammy Davis, Jr. would vote for in 20/20? Who does he remind you of?

(I'm going somewhere with this) Who do you think Sammy Davis, Jr. would vote for in 20/20? Who does he remind you of?

Sammy Davis, Jr. was no politician.  He was a great person in MANY ways.  He was growing up in conflicted times and he had such a BLAZING talent that his skin color mattered not at all.  (UP TO A POINT).

Sammy was embraced by Frank Sinatra and Sammy played his role.  I'm sure Frank adored Sammy, but there were RULES. And Sammy never crossed those.  Frank never cared about Sammy's color.  Frank was color-blind, BUT DO NOT CROSS FRANK.

Sammy adored Frank and that kept Sammy in Frank's good graces.  Frank was a powerful machine and if Frank saw your worth, you were a star.

SO, why and how did Sammy sell out?  HE let Frank's friends Pooop on him.  He allowed a GANGSTER to punch him in the stomach.  Frank watched.  

And Sammy, I'm sure wondered what kind of friend would do that?

But that was a time period where things that we understand now, were not so easily seen.

Posted - August 7, 2019

Responses

Hmmmm ... Dario Hunter 
    Yep.  I'm pretty sure he would vote that way.

https://www.dariohunter.com/home
      August 7, 2019 3:01 PM MDT