Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » TRUMP is working to destroy the ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT. 1 million species at the risk of extinction and TRUMP wants to NEUTER the rules.

TRUMP is working to destroy the ENDANGERED SPECIES ACT. 1 million species at the risk of extinction and TRUMP wants to NEUTER the rules.

Posted - August 17, 2019

Responses

Someone should have neutered Trump's father.
      August 17, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

They did.  His mother had sex with a Jackal.  
      August 17, 2019 12:23 PM MDT

I was thinking it was an orangutan---explains both his retardation and his color respectively.
      August 17, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

When you're right?  You are right.
      August 17, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

A high percentage of the species are insects and spiders found in the tropics. Their extinction is caused by strip logging and farming. Many species may only live in just a few trees. Trump has no control over that.
      August 17, 2019 12:31 PM MDT

YES. HE DOES.  I have to go to work. HE IS TOTALLY RESPONSBLE.  I have to go to work, be back later for this. 
      August 17, 2019 12:33 PM MDT

TOTALLY
      August 17, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Am thinking that he (Trump) is controlling it right now.
    All of the scientists in the world confirm Global warming
    with a caveat...Action is needed now.
    Trump is going the other way
    Feeding Global warming.
    All of the environment is in danger
    even the tiny little bugs. 
      August 17, 2019 1:13 PM MDT

This is misplaced trust in the media.  All of the scientist in the world do not confirm global warming.  Scientists from the UN panel on climate change left their jobs because of the misinformation being released.  You won't hear that on CNN.
      August 17, 2019 5:07 PM MDT

Thank you, Baba.  Asker's Pick II
      August 17, 2019 6:08 PM MDT

Strip logging provides only short-term benefit to the harvesters and their customers, but long term damage to the environment, with knock-on damages to local people and global warming.
    The old fashioned method of selective logging is more costly but it is sustainable and does no damage.
    The Scandinavian countries are the leaders in research in this area. It's worth having a look at their evidence.

Further, I believe it's a mistake to undervalue species such as insects and spiders. We already know the web of ecology is so complex that one can't remove one species without affecting others. We also know that some of these species contain clues to knowledge we may one day need. 

Trump can't have control over logging outside US territories, but any US President could help have a positive impact on global warming.

It's clear to see that if the USA chose to get on board and make a difference, it would benefit the entire planet. If it does not, the planet has no hope.
    Only China could equal the USA in the magnitude of difference its policies and actions can make.
      August 17, 2019 3:17 PM MDT

I do not undervalue the importance of arthropods .Hell, they are more important than we are. I was simply stating that trump, as much as I despise him, has no control over the countries that are killing them. I agree with everything you say. This post was edited by Element 99 at August 17, 2019 5:25 PM MDT
      August 17, 2019 4:25 PM MDT

Commiserations. :(
      August 17, 2019 5:25 PM MDT

Indeed. Did you see the movie 'Medicine Man'? A good watch if you ever get a chance. It emphasizes what we are talking about.

This post was edited by Element 99 at August 17, 2019 6:04 PM MDT
      August 17, 2019 5:57 PM MDT

Yes, I was walking out the door for here when I read that. You are correct about the majority of the animals that are endangered. But INSECTS are even more important than the Bald Eagle for sure.

I stole this from the bookworm.

Trump can't have control over logging outside US territories, but any US President could help have a positive impact on global warming.
      August 17, 2019 6:07 PM MDT

Agreed. They are more important than us.
      August 17, 2019 6:11 PM MDT

Literally the guy has got to go.
    Stone age, dark age of his mind
    he is leading the world into turmoil...
      August 17, 2019 12:50 PM MDT

The media is leading the world into turmoil.  Why people march to their tune is beyond me.  
      August 17, 2019 4:55 PM MDT

I disagree with that view, Thrifty.

1. The media are commercial entities driven by the demand of their consumers.
    While people have always selected the news which reflects their prefered bias, this tendency is being magnified by the effects of social media. This means it is we ourselves who are creating this effect - not Fox, News Com, etc.

2. One of the seven criteria for newsworthiness is conflict. The media does not create but must report on it. If citizens don't understand the conflicts in the world they are not able to make informed votes and decisions about their lives. Some people might argue that world events are none of their business, but we are no longer isolated countries. Our behaviours have powerful ripple effects around the world.

August 17, 2019 5:36 PM MDT

Why you think like you do?  That is way beyond me.  
      August 17, 2019 6:09 PM MDT