Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So the Evangelicals are the perps here? They believe in THE RAPTURE and need the Jews to make it happen? Sheesh! Seriously?

So the Evangelicals are the perps here? They believe in THE RAPTURE and need the Jews to make it happen? Sheesh! Seriously?

Posted - August 21, 2019

Responses

No. The Rapture is not Biblical. It is a false teaching.
      August 21, 2019 12:49 PM MDT

• The Rapture of the church is absolutely a factual coming event. The return of Christ is not referred to in scripture as the Rapture, but the event is described in the ministry and teachings of Jesus Christ so as to leave no doubt that it is indeed part of the church's future. There are literally hundreds of commentaries on the Gospels, the Epistles of Paul and the Revelation of Jesus Christ to John on the Isle of Patmos that relate the veracity of this event. I would encourage you to investigate further as end time eschatology is one of the truly fascinating aspects of the faith and it is one that I believe is being played out before us in the modern world. 
      August 21, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

Christ is returning only once and it is to rule not to remove the church. We are told it will be at the last trump...the trump of God. And that is at the end. 

I do not care about commentaries about the gospels. I care about what Jesus and Paul taught. And they both taught that we will be here until the end. Matt 24 Jesus tells us this. 
    Paul tells us this in Thessalonians. John tells us this in Rev. 

August 21, 2019 5:55 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 22, 2019 2:45 AM MDT

But isn't that what Evangelicals believe m2c? It is very confusing. I know that you and I have discussed this issue before but it keeps coming up so I guess you don't consider yourself to be an Evangelical. What are they anyway? I appreciate your input. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      August 22, 2019 2:44 AM MDT

As I understand the definition of

evangelical: of or denoting a tradition within Protestant Christianity emphasizing the authority of the Bible, personal conversion, and the doctrine of salvation by faith in the Atonement.

Yes, under that definition I am an evangelical. 
      August 22, 2019 4:36 AM MDT

• You are convinced that Evangelicals are the "perps" regardless of what is expressed here by myself or anyone else for that matter. While the Jewish people are key players in the coming end time events, they don't initiate the rapture of the church. Nor are they the only nation with a major part to play in coming events. These events have been prophesied and written about for thousands of years. No one knows the hour or date of Christ's return and much is debated and discussed about the timing and nature of the church's rapture as regards world developments. Scripture has much to say about the rapture and its reality which is accepted by more than just "evangelical perps". International events and especially those occurring in the Middle East, are indicators and a "barometer" of sorts in discerning the future of the church and the end of the church age. Although I'm not what one would define as an "evangelical",(unless you're referring to carrying out the Great Commission of the Gospel)) I am a full gospel fundamentalist that accepts the entire Word of God as infallible, inerrant truth with much relevance in our modern world.
      August 21, 2019 5:28 PM MDT

Tell us again how plants existed before the sun? Or how Jesus’ dialogues were written in Greek by no one who was present to hear them spoken in Aramaic? This post was edited by my2cents at August 22, 2019 2:45 AM MDT
      August 21, 2019 5:41 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 22, 2019 2:45 AM MDT