Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Trump's wall to keep Mexicans out, or Americans in?

Is Trump's wall to keep Mexicans out, or Americans in?

The Berlin wall was not to keep West Germans out, but to keep East Germans in. Donald Trump is a friend and admirer of Vladimir Putin. Putin was the Russian officer in charge in East Germany. So, is Donald's wall to keep Mexicans out, or Americans in? I think someone on this site said something about him wanting another wall on the Canadian border, or was that just something the mugger said, and not one of Donald's proposals. Frankly, everything he says is a whacked-out idea, so it's hard to tell the difference.

Posted - September 9, 2016

Responses

It's to keep ILLEGAL immigrants out. It's not just Mexicans crossing the southern border illegally. Not much different than the UK building a wall in Calais to keep 'illegal migrants' out. Do you have a problem with that?

September 9, 2016 7:08 AM MDT

Hello HD:

I dunno..  Trump wants to replace ALL the generals with generals who are LOYAL to him. ONLY dictators do that. That's EXTREMELY dangerous.  He LOVES Putin.  He had wild praise for Saddam.  Do you wanna take the chance?

excon

September 9, 2016 7:57 AM MDT

LOL --- Obama has already replaced the generals with those loyal to him and won't use the loo without his permission. AGAIN, we had a team ready to go in and rescue kidnapped Americans and Australians as soon as their location was learned, but they needed Obama's permission, which first has to go through the Pentagon. Trump has said he want to have generals who can think and act.

Hillary is the one who has shown she is EXTREMELY dangerous. She's the one who waffled on whether the possible Benghazi rescuers should go in or out of uniform. By the time she decided, it was too late!

September 9, 2016 8:06 AM MDT

Hello S:

Oh, I agree..  Hillary is terrible.  But, I don't think she's dictatorial.   Trump sounds like HE is.

excon

September 9, 2016 8:17 AM MDT

September 9, 2016 9:21 AM MDT

Seonag, the borders of Britain are the sea, and that never kept anyone out, neither way back in history, (i.e. before the channel tunnel) or today. Nor do border guards on both sides of the channel tunnel. Trump's wall is a crazy idea, designed to get headlines, not a serious proposal, as are all his ideas. Personally, I don't care if an immigrant is legal or illegal, because I do not believe the value of a human being is determined by a piece of paper. It's what they do when they get here that counts. If they commit a crime, by all means deport them. A serious crime, not just a parking ticket.
    Putin is a communist on the East German model, as opposed to the old Russian one, and Russia is a communist state again under him. He is the enemy of all us western powers, and if I were in the USA, I would find Trump's admiration of, and friendship with him, disturbing. Living on this side of the pond, having someone who is running for the position of leader of one of our closest (maybe the closest) allies, does not fill me with confidence.
    But I find it impossible to take anything Trump says or does seriously. He is a clown figure, I don't believe he will get elected, and Republican strategists expect to lose control of both houses, along with the presidency, thanks to him.
      September 9, 2016 10:04 AM MDT