Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The dregs of homo saps are drawn to politics. No wonder. The intelligent capable honorable people want no part of it. Makes sense?

The dregs of homo saps are drawn to politics. No wonder. The intelligent capable honorable people want no part of it. Makes sense?

So for the most part we are stuck with the dregs the leftovers the seconds the rejects the chipped the cracked the broken the unwashed that no one else wants..those who aren't good enough to do any honorable job.

Is there any way we can change that?

Despite the promise of the steadfast jacka** to select only THE BEST people we see he lied bigly and oftenly.

He made a promise he could never deliver because no one like that would ever work for him.

So what kind of carrot would pull YOU into politics?

Posted - August 29, 2019

Responses

Great evil and great good are formed in times of CRISIS. We are addicted to crises because we lack an ability to learn and evolve at the pace needed to evolve this rapidly.

So, we have 911 where great evil takes place and great good tries to take over.  

Now we have TRUMP.  And where this lands us, only GOD knows and only GOD wins.  Which side do you wish to be on?  I hold with trying FAITH.  It has served me so far.  I HAVE FAITH IN GOD.  I don't know where GOD will take me, but I need to trust GOD.  If I am wrong?  I don't want to live anyway then.  Why bother?  
      August 29, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

What would it take to draw YOU into politics? Thank you for your reply Sharon and Happy Friday! :)
      August 30, 2019 2:19 AM MDT

First off, I disagree with your entire main question. Have you taken a close look lately at some of the Republicans and Democrats that are in office now? Contrary to popular belief, we do have intelligent, honorable, and capable people there but unfortunately, we also have some dregs. Secondly, though I try to keep up on the state of affairs of the political world and of the politicians, there's nothing that would pull me into becoming a politician, at any level. :)
      August 29, 2019 2:27 PM MDT

I believe the higher you get in politics, the lower you sink in the dregs.

Generally, the people who serve at the city/county level are more interested in their community than any "perks".
    Maybe because there are few "perks" at that level, compared to the work required.
    Or because it's not a full-time job.
    Plus, your constituents can easily show up on your doorstep.

Once it becomes a full-time job (state level) ... you get people who are more interested in the "perks" than serving the community.
    It's still possible for constituents to show up on the doorstep - but not likely.

At the national level, it's virtually impossible for your constituents to show up at your door.
      August 29, 2019 2:34 PM MDT

What would it take to draw YOU into politics Walt? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      August 30, 2019 2:20 AM MDT

Nothing above the local level.
    IF I could find people who agreed with me about changing school district operations to more be like top-ranked countries, and were willing to be on the School Board ... then I would run for that position.
      August 30, 2019 7:04 AM MDT

So at the local level honor and integrity still matter. I totally understand why you wouldn't want to throw yourself into the black hole. Even if you were to survive it you would never be you. You'd have been turned into someone else/something else entirely. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I could see me maybe kinda trying that out too. I mean you live side-by-side with these folks. You meet them in the grocery store or at the drug store. Your kids attend the same schools. YOU KNOW THEIR NAMES. Happy Friday!:)
      August 30, 2019 8:38 AM MDT