Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Have you ever made friends with a fly? I have one that visits me every morning and bugs me. Is he trying to be friends? He is young.

Have you ever made friends with a fly? I have one that visits me every morning and bugs me. Is he trying to be friends? He is young.

I feel guilty killing him.  Maybe he trusts me.   He is so young and all and I don't have any other flies in here.  Maybe he is lonely.

Posted - September 1, 2019

Responses

Place a few drops of honey (organic, of course) outside to attract some of his buddies.
      September 1, 2019 1:40 PM MDT

Oh sure.  I want more?  

No. I want him to take a hike.  I know nothing about how they operate.  Do they like one another?  Who knows. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 1, 2019 1:55 PM MDT
      September 1, 2019 1:48 PM MDT

I used to catch flies back in my school days. Then I would shake 'em up to disorient them and smash 'em on the floor. BAM!
      September 1, 2019 1:44 PM MDT

That is a horrid thing to do.  Horrid.  Yet all kids act this way.  It is horrid.  That is a life form.  And there is NO reason to hurt a life form.  If it is harmful, then ELIMINATE it, don't torture it.

And there is LESS reason to take pleasure from that.  GROSS.  

But I am guilty as well.  I did stuff like that. I know what a sociopath feels like. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 1, 2019 3:27 PM MDT
      September 1, 2019 1:46 PM MDT

We threw them into spider webs. Nature at her finest.
      September 1, 2019 1:56 PM MDT

Nature does not require your help.  

But I sound like I am supporting flies.  They are nasty and dirty.    I am conflicted.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 1, 2019 2:11 PM MDT
      September 1, 2019 1:58 PM MDT

• I think he's so cute.  I love psychopaths. 
    Which explains a lot about my love life.  LOL!

Disclaimer -
    Any resemblance to 
    real persons or "GOATS"dead or alive,
    or other 
    real-life entities, past or present, is purely coincidental.
      September 1, 2019 2:06 PM MDT

• Maybe its Jeff Goldblum and he needs you to take him back to his laboratory.

September 1, 2019 2:41 PM MDT

That was a great movie.  Just wonderful.  
      September 1, 2019 3:10 PM MDT

Don't get too attached to it. They don't live very long.
      September 1, 2019 5:18 PM MDT