Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » For those who eat or have eaten at fast-food joints, did your order ever actually look like it does in the ads or posters?

For those who eat or have eaten at fast-food joints, did your order ever actually look like it does in the ads or posters?

What you see and what you get.

Posted - September 1, 2019

Responses

Everyone knows that the "food" in advertisements is fake (entire industry devoted to making food in ads look appealing) .  Yet, even though the food you get looks nothing like what they advertise, we still order it.
      September 1, 2019 2:31 PM MDT

You may like this story.

I used to be a cosmetologist.  Years ago.  In the 70's.  I was scheduled to go to Hamburger University back then and do the hair of models for a commercial.

That is not the story.  The story is that there were people there who were makeup artists for the FOOD.

The food was inedible and some of it was not even real.  It was fake.  So, no, you are never going to get food like that through the drive-through.

You may like this story.

I used to be a cosmetologist.  Years ago.  In the 70's.  I was scheduled to go to Hamburger University back then and do the hair of models for a commercial.

That is not the story.  The story is that there were people there who were makeup artists for the FOOD.

The food was inedible and some of it was not even real.  It was fake.  So, no, you are never going to get food like that through the drive-through.

In Japan
    the pics in the window matched
    ...but that Was a long time ago... :)
      September 1, 2019 2:42 PM MDT

A Wendy's hamburger meat photo looks thicker than the actual meat.
      September 1, 2019 3:38 PM MDT

That's what I am saying. Misleading.
      September 1, 2019 3:43 PM MDT