Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Even though it’s been years since you were in school, do you still get that pit in your stomach, dread feeling on labour day weekend? I DO

Even though it’s been years since you were in school, do you still get that pit in your stomach, dread feeling on labour day weekend? I DO

Posted - September 1, 2019

Responses

I never got to wait until labor day to start school. 
    My kids have always started school before labor day as well. This year Aug 14 was the 1st day of school. This was the earliest they have started.
      September 2, 2019 7:14 PM MDT

• That's brutal.  We always started after labor day .
      September 2, 2019 7:31 PM MDT

My youngest was really mad about it.  It was his birthday. I teased him and told him it was his birthday present. Lol 
    My granddaughter started Aug 13. It is getting too early. 
      September 2, 2019 7:37 PM MDT

• That seems almost cruel to make a kid go to school in mid August lol. You must finish earlier then. We always finished in late June. 
      September 3, 2019 5:41 AM MDT

Yeah. That makes sense. We are out mid May.  We had a bad winter one year and the make up snow days would have forced the kids to go into June. But our state actually passed a law allowing them to get out end of May. 

I cannot imagine school in June. 
      September 3, 2019 5:45 AM MDT

Not really, Labor Day weekend is not a Holiday here.  Sept is school start here though so I have a enough friends going through the trama - wine wine rack is getting very empty
      September 3, 2019 11:27 AM MDT

I thought that dread thing in the pit of my stomach was my birthright passed down to me from my mom and dad.  I would like to know how a day without that feels like.  

Isn't that why God made me an alcoholic way back when? 
      September 3, 2019 11:30 AM MDT