Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » What book are you reading or mean to get to real soon? I've owned Lawrence of Arabia now for 10 years. I wonder if I will ever read it.

What book are you reading or mean to get to real soon? I've owned Lawrence of Arabia now for 10 years. I wonder if I will ever read it.

Posted - September 3, 2019

Responses

I'm currently reading "Texas Ranger" by James Patterson.  
      September 3, 2019 9:00 AM MDT

OH.  OH.  I saw the SHOW.  Does that couont???

September 3, 2019 9:03 AM MDT

I didn't know there was a show.  No, that doesn't count as a book.  Sorry.
      September 3, 2019 10:39 AM MDT

I don't think the Patterson book is about Walker, is it?
      September 3, 2019 2:55 PM MDT

NO.  I was being really stupid.  It is me, Thrift.  Sharon?  

September 3, 2019 2:57 PM MDT

Main character is Rory Yates.
      September 3, 2019 9:44 PM MDT

I was making a Chuck Norris joke, Spunk. Surely you have heard of THAT show?  It's even a cop show.

Anyway, I was joking.  I know Patterson is not writing about Chuck or his Texas Ranger character.  LOL 
      September 3, 2019 2:58 PM MDT

• In the middle of Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski...it's part of The Witcher series.  Trying to build hype for the series coming to Netflix soon. 
      September 3, 2019 9:30 AM MDT

I never heard of this.  But, that is why this is a good question.  I don't know what people are reading these days.

Author: Andrzej Sapkowski
    Publisher: Orbit
    Genre: Fantasy

The following is the fourth in a series of eight reviews of the Witcher books. Because this review assumes reader familiarity with previous entries, there may be spoilers for the preceding texts.

In what I consider the finale of Blood of Elves, Geralt nearly defeats the rogue sorcerer Rience, but during the fight, Philippa Eilhart learns from a nearby assassin that Geralt had mortally-wounded Rience’s master, who is the current architect behind the search for and abduction of Ciri. Upon learning this information, Philippa incapacitates Geralt, foiling his efforts. It is this interaction, rather than those between Ciri and Yennefer at the novel’s conclusion, that provides the backdrop for the main event in the novel for this review, The Time of Contempt.

September 3, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

Total Control  by David Baldaci
      September 3, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

He is my brother's favorite author.  I will get around to reading one of his.  
      September 3, 2019 2:50 PM MDT

I read one book of his and it was beyond insipid.  So, I'll trust you that it is better than that stupid one I read.  GOD AM I A MORON.  I just looked to see the name of the book I was vilifying and it turns out it is NOT David Balducci.

I saw what Mr. Balducci wrote and it looks like that man has some chops.  

I was thinking of someone else.  Glad it wasn't your guy.  Sorry!!!! This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 3, 2019 3:04 PM MDT
      September 3, 2019 3:00 PM MDT

Last night I started Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.  I'm anxious to pick it back up when I get offline.  
      September 3, 2019 2:49 PM MDT

I haven't had a book like that in so long.  I love getting lost in a good one.
      September 3, 2019 3:05 PM MDT

This is one of those but I was so tired last night.  I'll soon be into it again. 

I recommend you find a great book and jump right in!  :) 
      September 3, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

So I had 'Leaves of Grass' by Walt Whitman. For 20 years. I read a few poems from it and it always put me to sleep. Then my son got it and I never saw it again. 
      September 3, 2019 8:09 PM MDT

I gotcha beat....I've had "History of the 3rd Reich' on my bookshelf for over 30 years!!  just can't seem to 'get into it' even after a co-worker told me it was a really good book!!   pathetic, huh? oh well, maybe someday!!

LOL

:-D
      October 30, 2019 8:15 AM MDT