Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Have you ever received this request? "If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please disregard and delete all copies."

Have you ever received this request? "If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please disregard and delete all copies."

What do you think of it?
In your opinion, would the average person truly disregard and delete?
Have you ever suspected or discovered that an email intended for you had gone to the wrong person?
If an unscrupulous person, such as a hacker, receives an email message by mistake, isn't it a given what will happen?

~

Posted - September 5, 2019

Responses

A similar statement is at the bottom of every email I send, both personal and professional.
      September 5, 2019 10:48 PM MDT

Thank you. 

What do you think of it?
    Have you ever suspected or discovered that an email intended for you had gone to the wrong person?
    If an unscrupulous person, such as a hacker, receives an email message by mistake, isn't it a given what will happen?
    ~
      September 5, 2019 11:03 PM MDT

I knew it. I am reporting it and calling Bob Mueller immediately. 
      September 6, 2019 12:35 AM MDT

I'm too busy saving the world to save my computer as well, I guess.  I can't deal with all that stuff.  
      September 6, 2019 12:36 AM MDT

What do you think of it?
    I think it's pretty useless.

I think the average person would delete it or notify the sender. 

No.

Truly sensitive messages are usually sent with more encryption or through specialized platforms, so it's doubtful a hacker or similar would get much use from anything they might receive. I think the note is either for some sort of legal compliance or to let average people know what to do. 

September 6, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

• I have a disclaimer like that on all my sent emails. This: I personally think it’s important for sending business emails,  especially when you’ve signed a confidentially with your employer. If I ever send an email to the wrong organization or person, I’m notifying them to delete.....to Cover my own azz. Whether they do delete or not is out of my hands. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 7, 2019 4:59 AM MDT
      September 6, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

Coming from you, I fully expected some kind of anti-tilde clause or no-mustard-sandwiches clause or don’t-forget-that-I-exist clause. I’m jes’ sayin’.
    ~
      September 7, 2019 5:02 AM MDT

• I’ll add that to my legal disclaimer on Monday, then everyone will take me seriously!!! Or I’ll get a paid vacation to the psych ward. Win, win. :)
      September 7, 2019 5:15 AM MDT