Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » History » What is your all time favorite scam?

What is your all time favorite scam?

Posted - September 6, 2019

Responses

Only in movies are scams funny or cute.  In real life we have morons aplenty and it is so sickening that it is not clever nor something to be applauded.

In The Sting, with Paul Newman and Robert Redford the good guys sting the bad guys.  In reality the crooks are the STING and they are usually stinging people that are worse than they are.  
    Just look at Trump and his minions and you can see why I have had my fill of all of it.  

Donald Trump being President is the BIGGEST CON JOB THE WORLD HAS WITNESSED AND  who would think of that as one's FAVORITE?  

A masochist. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 6, 2019 5:44 PM MDT
      September 6, 2019 10:47 AM MDT

I'm not able to do it, but a computer nerd and hacker scammed some of those Indian hackers that want to get into your computer. He created a virtual computer, allowed them in  and sent a virus that deleted all of the idiot's files. It's on youtube and it is hilarious. There are lots of them.
      September 6, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

• You know that has to be the epitome of shame in the hacking community.  Getting hacked back by your attempted victim. 
      September 6, 2019 11:20 AM MDT

It's priceless. I am starting to be rude and profane with them...but they keep trying.
      September 6, 2019 11:49 AM MDT

The best scam of all?  Our last gift to the wealthy under the guise of "tax reform."  A one-time cut in withholding and breaks for the poor that exxpire in one year?  How stupid do they think we are?   Revolution cannot be far off. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at September 6, 2019 6:36 PM MDT
      September 6, 2019 6:36 PM MDT

Probably religion. 
      September 8, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

Democracy I guess. You freely elect people to tell you what to do, and what to not say, and to punish you if you don't comply. And all the time we thought it was the one political system in which the people called the shots.
      October 20, 2019 1:04 PM MDT