Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Are you changing your milk preferances to NUT or Grain milks? They are quite good actually. Almond, Cashew, Oat...

Are you changing your milk preferances to NUT or Grain milks? They are quite good actually. Almond, Cashew, Oat...

Posted - September 6, 2019

Responses

• I've been drinking almond milk for years now. 
      September 6, 2019 11:04 AM MDT

Much easier to digest too.  MUCH.  
      September 6, 2019 11:19 AM MDT

• I drink so little milk to begin with that I can't say I notice.....maybe a glass or two each week and a bit in some cereal.  I love the flavor a lot more than regular milk though. 
      September 6, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

I think it is an easy exchange.  I hate those fat-free dairy products like low fat cheese, etc.  So this, instead of milk is a pleasant trade.  

I still have not given up on real sour cream and cream cheese when I eat that. I cannot stand dairy when it is low-fat.  
      September 6, 2019 11:26 AM MDT

I don't drink milk of any kind. I do like nuts, though, and the price of them has doubled since the rise nut milk usage.
      September 6, 2019 11:12 AM MDT

You are really obsessed with grocery prices.  I doubt highly that the usage of nut milk has anything to do with the price of nuts.  

Just grow more.  
    Just wait till you see the price of meat and dairy skyrocket when raising tons of cows no longer can be ignored. It is taking shape now.  Raising cattle is so dangerous for the atmosphere and the cost of land just to feed and raise one cow is no longer sustainable. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at September 6, 2019 11:27 AM MDT
      September 6, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

My grocery price frugality stems from my early days in the Navy when my wife and I were living month to month on my meager salary. The price of feed corn rose dramatically when the ethanol business took off due to its usage in gasoline. Beef prices doubled. I eat much less of it as it is getting very expensive.
      September 6, 2019 11:47 AM MDT

I think it is interesting how you think.  It makes sense and it is like many people who are economically savvy do operate.  

I do it differently.  What can I say?  I use my body and that is my priority.  The way other people take good care of their cars, I take care of my energy.  I wish I could afford to take care of the outside still, like when my mom was alive, but it is just me now, and I have to take care of that inside. Because there is no one else.  So that is why I need the best machine to keep me going.  I need the best water, I don't CARE if it is more money and I use it a LOT.  I buy it because I seriously can feel the difference in my energy level. When I work a shift and I have to do person after person, the last person is hurting as much as the first person and is paying me the same money, so I have to give the same quality of massage.  I cannot have a Big Mac for lunch and a shake.   I have to have fuel to make me keep going.  And that can be costly because it  is raw, organic and a lot of it gets spoiled before I get to it.

So, that might have given you a migraine.  I see why you think that.  Even as I write this, I see how nuts I am.  But at least I am focusing on saving money by trying to save for a cold pressed juicer to make my own organic juice.  Pray for me.  LOL 
      September 6, 2019 12:07 PM MDT

Not to worry - Trump is reversing the ethanol in gas regulations.  
      September 6, 2019 3:11 PM MDT

I have done a lot of research on that subject. I did the chemistry. I talked with a knowlegable chemist. Removing ethanol isn't such a bad thing. The corn grower's lobbyists got a president (I can't remember which one, dang it and I just read it last week.) to order ethanol because it is cleaner than straight gasoline. I don't want to write an essay here, but I did the chemistry and math and concluded there is no advantage to using ethanol. We are being lied to.
      September 6, 2019 3:32 PM MDT

Fair enough.  So where should the farmers now sell their corn and soybeans now that China will not be buying it?
      September 6, 2019 7:38 PM MDT

Good point. Face it...Americans love their steaks and burgers...can't stop that. Reduce the prices and sell more. Even cereal prices could drop. Maybe I should write a Master's thesis on this. Don't get me started on high-fructose corn syrup and the FDA.
      September 6, 2019 7:58 PM MDT

I eat very little meat these days.  Not because of health reasons, but because I prefer chicken and fish.  What I would like to see in cereal is less sugar.  I have been eating Multi Grain Cheerios don't have much flavor, but I mix then with Kellogg's Nourish.  The Cheerios are fairly inexpensive, but the Nourish is not, so by combining them, it serves two purposes.  When the Nourish goes on sale, I stock up.  If I'm down in PA, Wegman's sells Nourish all the time for $2.50.  Target used to do the same, but now Kellogg's is trying to feature their probiotics, so Target doesn't seem to be carrying Nourish now.  The small supermarket close to home charges $4.00 a box.
      September 7, 2019 10:21 AM MDT

• The best milk comes from nuts.
    I've always known that.

I love cashew.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 7, 2019 12:38 PM MDT
      September 6, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

I am puzzled.  This is not like you.  I sent you a p.m. about a week ago because I was concerned that a back and forth between you and I was erased for no reason.  I wanted to make sure you were not offended by something and you never answered.  WHAT GIVES HERE?   
      September 6, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

• Hold on.  Let me check.  I may not have even noticed it yet.  I'm like that sometimes.  BRB.
      September 6, 2019 1:43 PM MDT

• I checked and I don't see any notification or message.  I don't doubt that you sent one but sometimes things get glitchy here.  Please.  Please.  Please.  Let me assure you that there is not a single problem between us.  I delight in your presence here everyday and the opportunity I have to interact with you.  I think you an absolute blast.  You needn't worry at all.  Everything's good.  Mwah!
      September 6, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

(everyday every day)

Either “your everyday presence” or “your presence every day“.

September 7, 2019 12:41 PM MDT

• Upon further investigation I and with Jonny Goat's help I found that my settings were fudged up.  Your PM was probably never even visible to my eyes.  I am so sorry.  I think I've fixed some of the problems.
      September 6, 2019 5:58 PM MDT

Whew.  I could care less if you answered, I just wanted to make sure I didn't offend you.   I mean I KNOW I didn't?  But I didn't know if you misunderstood something, only because I looked to see what you said back and your answer prior was erased. Mine too.  It is a big mystery because neither one of us were saying anything remotely filthy for a change.

OK.  I never do PM's so I totally understand.  

I'm gland you ain't mad 
      September 6, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

(could couldn’t care less)
      September 7, 2019 12:47 PM MDT

I am not Lactose intolerant etc etc etc and see no reason to switch from Dairy Products.  If someone wants nut or soy milk they are welcome to bring it over I am not providing any
      September 6, 2019 1:59 PM MDT

Well now let's not get our dander up here.  I am not telling anyone to not eat dairy.  I see a difference in my body not eating it.  That is me.  Calm your mammaries.  
      September 6, 2019 8:03 PM MDT

My dander is not up, just a statement of fact.  My guests know what I have and will provide, if they want something other then bring their own -simple
      September 8, 2019 5:13 PM MDT