Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Over time some species become extinct, some traits morph into other iterations. Will INTELLIGENT homo saps become extinct?

Over time some species become extinct, some traits morph into other iterations. Will INTELLIGENT homo saps become extinct?

Will that be bred out of the species and replaced by dumb and go on and on and on and on and on?

Posted - September 8, 2019

Responses

It already is being bred out.  It's not that people can't be intelligent, it's that they're lazy and being intelligent is too much work.

Every person has the ability to be intelligent, that is the ability to acquire knowledge.  Yet very few are smart, meaning they aren't able to apply previously acquired knowledge in practical situations (i.e. stupid).  It is a fact that knowledge can be lost.  We look at ruins of the Great pyramids and those of Mayan temples and we wonder how people built them.  That knowledge is gone (perhaps it wasn't passed down?).  Likewise today, we have vasts amounts of knowledge, but fewer and fewer are applying that knowledge.  Soon it too will vanish.  In H.G. Wells' 'The Time Machine', he depicted a future where the knowledge of the past was lost (books crumpled into dust, computers idle as no one knew how to use them).  Was he more right that he thought?
      September 8, 2019 9:43 AM MDT

Here's why I asked. Could Homo Saps possibly have chosen a donald john trump for street sweeper in a ghetto in a 3rd world country  let alone president back in the day? That was when political parties in the USA would join together to work together on the things they could see eye-to-eye on for the good of the people. Those days are gone and have been replaced by the intransigent recalcitrant belligerent hostile pro-dumbs. How else can a chump be explained away than that? So if that is the state of the brain of many Americans today...based on entropy(inevitable social decline and degeneration) it ain't gonna get any better. Is this as good as it's gonna get and go downhill thereafter ever after? Probably. Maybe. Potentially. Possibly. I dunno Shuhak, Right now in this moment we are both here and able to communicate what we think. Will that be true tomorrow? Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 8, 2019 2:01 PM MDT
      September 8, 2019 10:26 AM MDT

Excellent answer and one that I would make if you hadn't gotten there first.  I think that so much knowledge is available on the internet that people no longer seek the answers in other ways.  There's no question that the ready availability of knowledge is wonderful, but it means we use our brains less and less.  Look how many people have absolutely no common sense at all.  People who go to the Grand Canyon, stand at the edge to take a selfie and fall fall the cliff is a perfect example.  Kids who eat Tide pods or inhale bath salts is another.  How bereft of common sense does one have to be to eat laundry detergent?  Did they think they would poop bubbles?  

The amazing thing to me about the Great Pyramids and the Mayan temples and other wonders is that they were built with none of the engineering methods we have today and yet they are still standing after centuries.  I doubt that anything built today will be standing in the same length of time.  
      September 8, 2019 1:02 PM MDT

If you take an in-depth look at society you will see that a majority of intellectual stupidity is self-induced. :)
      September 8, 2019 10:11 AM MDT