Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » WHAT IN HOLY TARNATION is POPCORN LUNG? OH my GODDDD. You get that from VAPING? POP CORN LUNG? NO I think not.

WHAT IN HOLY TARNATION is POPCORN LUNG? OH my GODDDD. You get that from VAPING? POP CORN LUNG? NO I think not.

Posted - September 12, 2019

Responses

Basically it is when the heated oil turns into the "vape" and then after being inhaled into the lung it cool back down into oil. So you have oil coating you lungs. 

Not good. 

Popcorn lung scarred and swollen lung tissue. Got its name from a chem in microwave popcorn. Some of these chemicals are in ecigs especially the flavored. 

No treatments available at this time other than stop exposure.
      September 12, 2019 12:13 PM MDT

I WILL never consider eating microwave popcorn ever again.  It smells awful anyway.  It smells like death.  
      September 12, 2019 12:28 PM MDT

Don't get your knickers in a twist old chap. :)  I have the smell of popcorn - especially when someone in the office makes it in the microwave and the entire office smells of it.  
      September 12, 2019 1:45 PM MDT

EXACTLY!!!
    GROSS
      September 12, 2019 3:58 PM MDT

• Many of the same chemicals that have been proven to cause popcorn lung in other instances are found in e-cigs though warnings have been slow to formally attribute a direct correlation between vaping and the affliction.

Just as the tobacco industry lied about what was actually in traditional cigs, the same type of deception is possible with manufacturers of vaping goods.

Money and greed almost always override any interest in the public's protection.
      September 12, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

Yes, this question was of course, inspired by your info on the vape question.  This is awful stuff.   Especially the irreversible part.

THANKS AGAIN TWINK for both contributions.  
      September 12, 2019 12:35 PM MDT

• You're welcome, sweetie.

* Whew!  I just made an edit to this before Randy saw it.  LOL!

your  you're
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 12, 2019 4:22 PM MDT
      September 12, 2019 12:36 PM MDT

Yes! And they add delicious flavours like Bubble gum, strawberry, cherry, vanilla, etc, to entice the youngsters into enjoying this yummy "safe" alternative to cigarettes. 

This post was edited by Jon at September 12, 2019 6:31 PM MDT
      September 12, 2019 4:07 PM MDT

• Anything to attract the youthful demographic.
    Its been a tried and true business model for years...

See the source image
      September 12, 2019 4:15 PM MDT

Indeed! 
    No child can turn up chance to enjoy Candy Carcinogens

September 12, 2019 4:20 PM MDT

"Popcorn Lung"  is an irreversible condition in which the tiny air sacs in the lungs become scarred and constricted, which results in no air movement or O2 - CO2 exchange in the lungs.

Other names for it are "Bronchiolitis Obliterans"  and  "Obliterative Bronchiolitis."

The US Cancer merchants are on par with the opioid manufacturers. I fail to see why Pharma is getting sued for the opioid addiction crisis yet Tobacco Vap/eCig folks should get away scot-free.

If you recall the powerful tobacco lobbyists had the politicians in their pockets much like Pharma and the Fossil Fuel & Gun industry do today.

September 12, 2019 4:05 PM MDT

I know that people who work in popcorn packaging plants are apt to get the disease.  It is real.  

"Popcorn lung" is the nickname for bronchiolitis obliterans. That's a condition that damages your lungs' smallest airways and makes you cough and feel short of breath. It's sometimes caused by breathing in a chemical used to flavor microwave popcorn. But other chemicals or lung illnesses can also cause popcorn lung.Apr 21, 2019
    Popcorn Lung – Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment

https://www.webmd.com › lung › popcorn-lung
      September 12, 2019 10:57 PM MDT