Discussion » Questions » History » Any of you watch the "Stand Up to Cancer" show which was shown on many TV channels? Any of you have cancer or know someone who has? What did you think of the show? Why?

Any of you watch the "Stand Up to Cancer" show which was shown on many TV channels? Any of you have cancer or know someone who has? What did you think of the show? Why?

Posted - September 10, 2016

Responses

I watched some of it and thought it was a good show that will bring awareness to cancer. I know and knew quite a few people with cancer. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 10, 2016 8:26 PM MDT

In December  2007 I was diagnosed with  Stage 3 Uterine cancer Nanoose.  It was a combination of sarcoma/carcinoma which was apparently very rare and a double whammy! January 28, 2008 I had an operation to remove the uterus and ovaries. In March I began chemotherapy which I had for six months for 3 days every 3 weeks. I lost my hair of course and was bald as a bat.. I had 25 straight days of radiation. I was given at 15% chance of surviving 5 years and I have survived over 8 years so I am among the  cancer-free survivors. I get checked every year by my oncologist and gynecologist and I get xrays and blood tests. I will be tracked yearly the rest of my life. So  the program was of special significance to me. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee! :)

September 11, 2016 2:15 AM MDT

So sorry Rosie.

You're a fighter and you have so much strength and courage and you've already proved the doctors wrong and I just know you will keep doing that. :)

September 12, 2016 1:13 PM MDT

Thank you for the "atta girl" cherry. I appreciate it! :) ((hugs))

September 15, 2016 5:02 AM MDT

(((Hugs)))

September 22, 2016 3:51 AM MDT