Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever held a position where you had to meet a quota? What job and did you get there?

Ever held a position where you had to meet a quota? What job and did you get there?

If you're in sales you usually have them. I think cops have quotas for handing out tickets though I don't know that for sure.
Some charities have quotas they shoot for. Even scouts have quotas for the cookies they sell.

Puts a lotta pressure on you doesn't it?

My only quota in any job I ever had was to do my best and I did. Beyond that I did not have a specific "nut" to crack.

I did know a salesman once whom I thought was treated VERY UNFAIRLY. He developed a territory and had lots of sales and his company SPLIT it on him and gave one part to another sales person. Ever hear of anything as despicable as that?

Posted - September 13, 2019

Responses

I never had to make a quota, but I did have to make sales projections (which I nearly almost did)
      September 13, 2019 8:41 AM MDT

Well that's kinda sorta like the same thing only different right Shuhak? Say the projection was $10million and you exceeded it and got to $12million did you get a bonus or a raise? Did you ever fall below what you projected? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      September 13, 2019 8:50 AM MDT

Yes, I got a bonus ($100).  To be eligible for the bonus one had to exceed projection by at least 10%.  I exceeded it every year except for one, and that was due to an inaccurate store inventory.
      September 13, 2019 12:53 PM MDT

That is very impressive m'dear. $100 doesn't seem like a whole lot though it is better than receiving a kick in the derriere. Thank you for your reply. Gonna share a first-person story with you.

Years ago I was the in-house accountant for a company that re-engined planes. That was back in the day when gas prices were sky high. I had to verify what the sales guys projected and one year we were way off. My verification numbers were very close to what really happened and you can imagine how much the sales guys appreciated me after that. I was just doing my job. They got it wrong. Of course you can't KNOW IN ADVANCE how things will work out. You just look at the past, compare the ingredients in the present and give it your best shot. The President took great delight in rubbing it in to them which I did not like. That his in-house accountant was accurate about sales and his sales guys weren't. Thereafter things were not friendly between me and them. SIGH. No one likes to be made to look foolish/inept. I didn't set out to do that. It was just the result. :( This post was edited by RosieG at September 14, 2019 8:36 AM MDT
      September 14, 2019 4:52 AM MDT

Still do. I (usually) hit it. Rarely exceed it by enough to score bonuses, but enough to keep from being fired.
      September 14, 2019 5:27 AM MDT